PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Interaction attendant very very slow to display

• 1.  Interaction attendant very very slow to display

Posted 04-03-2018 07:38
    Hello Team,

We have an issue using interaction attendant, it's very very slow to charge or display an schedule or profile contener.

Have you an idea about this issue please ? and how i can resolve it please ?

we have IC 2016 R1 Patch 9.

thank you for your help.

Best regards
    salim

------------------------------
    Salim Nouh
    Dimension Data France

• 2.  RE: Interaction attendant very very slow to display

Posted 04-16-2018 03:25
    Hello,

I not found any answer for this problem.

I ask if there is a number limit of profile autorized ? i ask because customer has more thank 50 profile.

that can impact ?
    thank you for your answer

Best regards
    Salim

Salim Nouh
    Dimension Data France

• 3.  RE: Interaction attendant very very slow to display

Posted 04-17-2018 08:20
    To narrow down the cause, try opening a remote desktop connection to the PureConnect server and launching Interaction Attendant locally on the server. Then try launching it on a workstation and compare the time it takes to load. My first guess is that this would due to the network connectivity between the workstation and the server, but it could also be due to other factors like the load on the server, etc.

David Currier
    Communications Products, Inc.

• 4.  RE: Interaction attendant very very slow to display

Posted 04-18-2018 01:55
    Thank you very much David,

When i try to launch Interaction attendant on the server, that take the same time ( very very slow ).

I tried again to install interaction attendant on another PC --> the same issue.

customer has 50 profiles --> hope you that can be the source of problem ? there is a configuration parameter's of interaction attendant ( i ask if there is buffer for exemple how i can augmente the size ).

thank you again for your help.

best regards
    Salim

Salim Nouh
    Dimension Data France

• 5.  RE: Interaction attendant very very slow to display

Posted 04-18-2018 08:29
    That's unusual. I recommend investigating with Genesys support to find out why it is loading so slowly. It could be that it is just that massive, but I'm guessing there is probably something else going on. I've seen Attendants with more profiles than that load just fine.

David Currier
    Communications Products, Inc.

• 6.  RE: Interaction attendant very very slow to display

GENESYS
    Posted 04-18-2018 09:24
    Also, use Performance Monitor to see what your CPU and RAM usage is on the IC server when opening Interaction Attendant. Your server may not have enough capacity to open that number of profiles quickly.

I have known of systems with over 3000 profiles in Attendant, so yours is nowhere near large, but your server does need to be properly sized to handle the disk I/O and memory required to load Attendant along with everything else it is doing.

George Ganahl
    Principal Program Manager
    Genesys

• 7.  RE: Interaction attendant very very slow to display

Posted 04-19-2018 04:15
    Thank you very much for yoru answer.

I checked CPU and memory during displing interaction attendant ( only CPU performence be little hight else memory status is stable ).

I checked too, to launch Inetraction attendant on the main server who installed IC in order to check network hypothèse --> i have the same issue.

I asked if that can be DB issue ? because SQL is installed on another Server.

I installed interaction attendant on a new PC --> the same issue.

Have you other proposition in order to check and analyze my problem ? from where interaction attendant extract profile détail ? from DB ?

Thank you again for your help.

Best regards
    Salim

Salim Nouh
    Dimension Data France

• 8.  RE: Interaction attendant very very slow to display

GENESYS
    Posted 04-19-2018 09:36
    All of the configuration settings for Interaction Attendant are stored in the IC server's registry.

Check the Disk I/O in PerfMon as well while loading Attendant to see if disk queue length increases significantly, or read latency is high.

Other than that, I don't know what else to suggest.

George Ganahl
    Principal Program Manager
    Genesys

• 9.  RE: Interaction attendant very very slow to display

Posted 04-20-2018 04:30
    Thank you for your answer,

I checked processor queue lenght and i hope it's so high when i try to open a config profile

that can be the source of problem ? have you an idea how i can fix that please ?

Question please ; where we use the lenght pool threads ?

Best regards
    Salim

Salim Nouh
    Dimension Data France

• 10.  RE: Interaction attendant very very slow to display

Posted 04-20-2018 04:32

Salim Nouh
    Dimension Data France

• 11.  RE: Interaction attendant very very slow to display

Posted 04-24-2018 12:27
    I could be off base here, and if so i apologize.  

I vaguely remember that if you do a lot of copy/pasting in attendant it creates fake/invalid/broken entries in the registry, and if you do it enough times it slows down the attendant performance. 

I remember that Genesys had a tool that clears up those fake/invalid/broken entries, and i vaguely remember attendant working much faster after this tool was used. 

@Genesys folks - does this ring a bell?

Dmitry.

Dmitry Dyment
    Beachbody, LLC

• 12.  RE: Interaction attendant very very slow to display

Posted 04-25-2018 03:58
    Thank you very much for your help.

Customer confirm that made many copy/paste of profile.

In this case, have you please the name of tools or we need to ask DEV Genesys team to clean error ?

thank you again for your help.

Best regards
    Salim

Salim Nouh
    Dimension Data France

• 13.  RE: Interaction attendant very very slow to display

Posted 04-25-2018 09:53
    As it was already called out all of the attendant configuration is stored in the registry. When you open attendant the entire configuration has to be pulled from the registry and constructed into the graphical display. You mentioned there are 50 profiles which is not that many but how many nodes are within each profile. If you have very complicated attendant profiles with many nodes below them it is not uncommon for attendant to take a while to load. When you make modifications and save attendant does it take a long time to publish the attendant configuration as well?

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. Any suggestions or programming changes I suggest come with no warranty and should be tried at your own risk.

• 14.  RE: Interaction attendant very very slow to display

Posted 04-25-2018 11:30
    Salim, 

I found my old ticket from ININ on this one. 

The issue in my ticket was that the IVR report was producing multiple records for the same call.

Ultimately, ININ support identified this as a copy/paste issue, but they actually did not have a utility to fix it. 
    They were working with DEV on figuring out how to get rid of duplicate reg. entries. 
    Meanwhile, i rebuilt the attendant from scratch, and the issue went away. 

The attendant performance was not discussed in the ticket, but i remember it was being very slow, and I remember how much faster it became once i deleted all the old attendant entries. 

Dmitry. 

• 15.  RE: Interaction attendant very very slow to display

Posted 04-26-2018 03:52
    Thank you very much for your assistance.

If i decide to rebuilt all profile, how i can do please to avoid impating PROD ? i should créate a new connection and delete all profile and after créating i will import the new config ?

Can you advice me how i can do to créate a new profiles node and charge it again in order to avoid impating PROD ?

Thank you very much.

PS : customer have only one node.

Best regards
    salim

Salim Nouh
    Dimension Data France

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources