PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  deflect calls from work group to voice mail after working hours

Posted 10-10-2018 10:37
    Hi Team,

Is there any way we can deflect the calls coming to work group during non working hours to voicemail without using auto attendant.

Regards,
    Mallesh

------------------------------
    Mallesh
    CSI

• 2.  RE: deflect calls from work group to voice mail after working hours

Posted 10-11-2018 10:45
    ​we have a "No Agent Logged In" handler that runs for every call.
    if checks to see if there is an agent logged into the queue -regardless of skill or availability
    if NO agent is logged in - routes to VoiceMail
    if agent is logged in, continue path.

this works well as some of our workgroups are highly specialized with limited agents.  If we have no one in the queue during business hours, we don't want a caller to be placed in queue.

for after hours, as no one is logged in, callers are routed automatically to Voice Mail.

hope this helps!

Therese

Therese Moorhouse
    Pacific Blue Cross

• 3.  RE: deflect calls from work group to voice mail after working hours

Posted 10-11-2018 11:00
    Edited by Aaron Lael 10-11-2018 11:01
    As a slight alternative, if you truly just want to route to voicemail outside of hours, you could try using the schedule tools in handlers instead of relying on agent behavior.  You can add a keyword to schedules created in IA and then pull back a list of schedules with that keyword and use the Get Best Schedule tool to determine the correct schedule from that list, then determine if you are closed or open based on the name of the schedule returned.

To make it all scalable, create a generic handler that pulls values from an IP table or structured parameter based on workgroup name to get the schedule(s) name(s) of when you should be closed.

This allows you to maintain the flexibility of controlling your schedules in IA without using attendant.

If you're looking for a customization point to start this off in, look at CustomACDAvailableInteraction.

Aaron Lael
    State of Utah

• 4.  RE: deflect calls from work group to voice mail after working hours

Posted 10-11-2018 11:37
    Typically when I have to manage queue hours or schedules I build an IA table with each queue name in it along with hours of operation for each day of the week. This bypasses the schedules but I find the IA table is much easier for customers to use vs trying to balance different schedules. I then flip the queues from ACD to Custom and within CustomIVRWorkgroupQueue I will catch the call and check the IA table schedule. If off hours then I will send it to voicemail instead of letting it continue to queue. 

Bottom line there are a ton of ways to do this outside of attendant but no matter what you try you will be doing it in handlers. Word of caution, as you start to mess with customization points regarding ACD you need to be careful it is not messing up your statistics. Depending on the customization points you use you may start causing calls to report as flow outs or just incorrect within the ACD reports. For instance catching calls in CustomACDWorkgroupQueue will cause the call to show as offering within the ACD queue on the lines page but since ACD processing is not initiated the call will never report against the ACD statistics.

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. Any suggestions or programming changes I suggest come with no warranty and should be tried at your own risk.

• 5.  RE: deflect calls from work group to voice mail after working hours

Posted 10-11-2018 11:44
    I am very surprised that the Pureconnect system doesn't allow you to apply a schedule directly to a workgroup.

Scott Williams
    Missouri Higher Education Loan Authority

• 6.  RE: deflect calls from work group to voice mail after working hours

Posted 10-12-2018 04:23
    Hello,

We have done this with a combination of Attendant & IA.
    You should be able to do it something like below;
    • In IA create schedules for the working hours.
    • In Attendant, create the profile that you want the voicemail to apply to
      • Within this profile, create 1 schedule
        • Schedule 1: assign the schedule created in IA to as system schedule here and it will always be used within the working hours
        • Default Schedule: this is the default schedule that will be created for each profile.
          • Play the out of hours message as part of this schedule greetings
          • Within Default Schedule, create a new Voicemail Transfer operation and send the control to the workgroup that would be created for the VM's
    • In IA create the workgroup for VM and assign a mailbox to it. the VM's left on this workgroup will be delivered to the mailbox.

In the above, we do not have to lookup any active agents or maintain any tables.

Hope this is helpful.

Regards

Vineet Kakroo
    FIL Investment Management Ltd

• 7.  RE: deflect calls from work group to voice mail after working hours

Posted 10-12-2018 19:53
    Thanks Vineet,

the way i have done is create 2 different profiles in interaction attendant. one has complete IVR which is 24X7 and second has only agent transfer which has a different schedule. based on the timings it goes to the voicemail.

Regards,
    Mallesh

Mallesh
    CSI

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources