PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Rout skill in Outbound calls

Posted 05-07-2019 05:27
    We want to route skill in outbound calls according the database information.
    Does anyone try this ?

For example : DB Column =Language -EN to skill EN

Thanks
    #Handlers

------------------------------
    Tayfun

• 2.  RE: Rout skill in Outbound calls

Posted 05-07-2019 13:55
    You do this by configuring Skills-Based Dialing.

It's (relatively) easy to set up, however I would strongly encourage you to attend the Dialer Training if you are involved in managing and configuring a Dialer site.

To do this:
    1. Firstly identify a column in your contact list that contains the distinguishing feature (in your case, language).
    2. Identify all of the possible values that are in that column.
    3. Ensure that you have an IC skill that corresponds to each possible value.
    4. Assign the skills to the agents (as normal)
    5. Create a Dialer Skill Set. In this, you identify the column and then map each value to its corresponding skill. (You can also define a "Dialing Ratio" so that the system will, with all else equal, dial some skills more agressively than others. You can also define a minimum proficiency that the Agent must have for the skill before they are considered by Dialer)
    6. Add the Skill set to the Campaign.
    7. "Run Test" on the Campaign and it will show you how many contacts you have for each skill requirement.
    There are ICBM views that allow you to see, in real time, what the skill requirements are for remaining contacts and how many agents are logged in with those skill requirements. You can assign mutilple Skill sets if you need combinations.

Be aware, however, that neither Agent-Owned callbacks nor Finishing Agents consider Skills.

If you want / need a detailed explanation of how it works "under the hood" - please sign up for the class ;-)

• 3.  RE: Rout skill in Outbound calls

Posted 05-07-2019 15:44
    Thanks Paul for answer. I used that  configuration but now I don't want to use Skills-Based Dialing. I just want to use Skill-Based Routing.
    Can I use  it with custom handlers ?

Tayfun Dumlupınar
    GLOBAL BILGI

• 4.  RE: Rout skill in Outbound calls

Posted 05-07-2019 15:49
    Ok, I have to ask the obvious (probably dumb) question: Why?

I'm sure you could do it with Handlers, or maybe a pre-call policy. but you run the risk of calling someone and then not having an agent with the required skill Available or even logged in!

I would be interested to hear your use-case and why Routing will work, but Dialing won't...

• 5.  RE: Rout skill in Outbound calls

Posted 05-07-2019 16:08
    There will be a lot of different data and some agents can be more available.This is our worry.

If an agent is not available we will try next one ,until the available agent.

Maybe there is 6 skills and we will try one by one

For example ; We will route to skill1 but there is no any agent in skill1 then we will try skill2 ,if there is not any agent in skill2, we will try until the last skill.
    If there is not any avail agent in skills we will route to call in pool.

Tayfun Dumlupınar
    GLOBAL BILGI

• 6.  RE: Rout skill in Outbound calls

Posted 05-07-2019 18:47
    Edited by Paul Simpson 05-07-2019 23:18
    I'm sorry if I am being completely stupid here, but I don't follow at all - either your use case or your concern. What data are you referring to? What do you mean by "6 skills and we will try one by one"? In your example, where are Skill 1, 2 etc coming from?

Let us consider a call list with a few thousand entries. One of the columns is named "Language" (per your initial question) and contains one of (say) 4 language codes according to the language requirement of the contact. EN - English, FR - French, ES - Spanish, DE - German.

OK, so I create those 4 skills and assign them to my agents. Let us assume (for the sake of argument) I have 30 Agents. Some Speak all 4 Languages, Some Speak 3, Some speak 2 and some speak only 1. So I assign those skills accordingly. (Remember Agents can have multiple skills.)

So, When my agents are all logged in, Dialer maintains a list (internally) of the number of agents with each skill. So, lets say that looks something like this:

English - 20
    French - 15
    Spanish - 15
    German - 10

(Note that's 60 total, but only 30 agents, that is due to the multi-skilling).

Right, now the CCS will send a block of contacts to be Dialed to the ODS. Let's assume (to make the numbers easy) there are 300 contacts in that block. It will do that in the above proportions, so that will be 100 Contacts who need English, 75 who need French, 75 who need Spanish and 50 who need German.

Ok, so (with Predictive Dialing). Say the Campaign is currently running at 4 calls per agent (25% contact rate.) 3 Agents are about to become available, so it needs to place 12 calls in total.

Those three agents have the following skills:

English: 3
    Spanish: 1
    French: 2
    German : 0

So, it will place the calls in those proportions. 6 to contacts requiring English, 2 to contacts requiring Spanish, 4 to contacts requiring French.

That's where Skills based Dialing ends.

Now, once calls are answered and agents become available, the system used ACD (Skills based Routing) to connect the calls that were actually answered to agents with the appropriate skill.

From the above, since we have more English-skilled agents logged in, it will dial more English-speaking contacts. If we have no (say) German-skilled agents logged in, then it won't dial any German-speaking contacts and so on. Since it's calling based on the number of agents logged in with the skill, who are predicted to become available, and its call volume is directly related to the calculated likelihood of an answer, then (given enough agents, which is needed for Predictive dialing anyway) we should end up with pretty much 100% agent utilization with almost no abandons AND no call being given to an agent who cannot communicate in the necessary language.

I'm hoping that makes sense. Can you explain which part is causing concern?

Paul Simpson
    Senior Technical Instructor

• 7.  RE: Rout skill in Outbound calls

Posted 05-08-2019 02:06
    I am sorry if I couldn't explain exactly.
    Thank you for your detailed description.

Your explain looks make sense.
    I haven't concern after your detail explain.
    I will try in production system.

Thanks.

Tayfun Dumlupınar
    GLOBAL BILGI

• 8.  RE: Rout skill in Outbound calls

Posted 05-08-2019 11:58
    Excellent! I'm glad it made sense :-)

Can you please mark the question as answered, so others who may stumble upon this thread know?

I know I work for Genesys University, so I have avested interest in "selling training", however I honestly believe that anyone working with Dialer in more than a simply passing capacity would beneft from attending the class. Lots of topics (like this one) are covered in considerable detail. Dialer needen't be difficult, or complicated, to manage, however it is also not difficult to screw it up!

On a personaly note, I am always keen (as an Instructor) to discover common misconceptions / ,isunderstandings so that I can address them. Would you mind (PM me, if you would prefer) letting me know which part of my explanaition provided you with the "missing link" and gave you confidence to try it? Where were your concerns (exactly) / how were you expecting it to behave?

Thanks!

• 9.  RE: Rout skill in Outbound calls

Posted 05-09-2019 06:00
    I realized that you told me multiple skills.

Tayfun Dumlupınar
    GLOBAL BILGI

• 10.  RE: Rout skill in Outbound calls

Posted 05-09-2019 12:36
    Ahh! Ok - thanks :-)

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources