PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Whisper Tone on a Dialer Campaign

Posted 05-24-2018 10:24

I am looking for where we would configured a Whisper Tone for dialer campaign's. i have looked in the documentation and the only two things i have found is 1) system handlers on CIC system have been customized to play whisper tone, which they have as our other campaigns have whisper tones.  2) that whisper tone cannot be configured in interaction Dialer manager.

None of the dialer handlers i have checked, do i see anything hardcoded whisper tones, nor do i see these whisper tones set on the workgroups.

Thank you,

------------------------------
    Scott Williams
    Missouri Higher Education Loan Authority

• 2.  RE: Whisper Tone on a Dialer Campaign

Posted 05-25-2018 08:29
    I assume we are talking about predictive and power campaigns and not preview campaigns.  The whisper for Dialer comes from the same place inbound calls do - AcdProcessEventCall.  There are custom whisper tones that can be set and customization points that can be used to do what you want.  The one thing I would strongly caution you against is adding a whisper tone or file of any longer length.  This may cause an unwanted delay getting the agent connected to the caller.  If we are talking about a preview campaign, something else entirely would need to be done since there are no handlers that run when the call is delivered to the user.

Steve Owen
    Avtex

• 3.  RE: Whisper Tone on a Dialer Campaign

Posted 05-25-2018 10:15
    I've had success getting whispers to play by setting them up in a policy for the campaign. As mentioned above this will only work for power or predictive dialing as they use the ACD subsystem for routing. Set up a profile with a precall behavior to tag the calls you want the whisper to play, for example phone number type in Home, Mobile, Work is always a safe way to get all calls. For behavior set call attribute Eic_CustomWhisperFile = "PUT YOUR WAV HERE". You could get creative and set different wav files based on a call attribute too if you want the prompt to be different.

No need to customize handlers for this as the base system handlers with the custom attribute Eic_CustomWhisperFile should do exactly what you want.

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. Any suggestions or programming changes I suggest come with no warranty and should be tried at your own risk.

• 4.  RE: Whisper Tone on a Dialer Campaign

Posted 05-25-2018 10:35
    Thanks guys After reading these post i did find that they were buried at the bottom of one of our policies that has alot of pre-call configuration. I had originally only looked to see if there was a policy that set the whisper tone.

Thank you so much for all the help!

Scott Williams
    Missouri Higher Education Loan Authority

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources