PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Polycom phone Back ground image

Posted 12-06-2018 07:57
    Hi,

Is there any possible to change Polycom phones back ground image thru server. I have 300 phones in my company so need to change back ground image for employees remember (like enrolment ending date, appraisal starting and ending date). I have also 200 cisco phones and I can do  this bank ground image change thru VOIP integration  tool (third party). So kindly let me know if this is possible in Genesys Pure connect (ININ).

#Telephony

------------------------------
    Balaganapathy Balasubramanian
    CHEP International Inc.

• 2.  RE: Polycom phone Back ground image

Posted 12-06-2018 11:11
    In the managed IP phone's configuration under the options tab clicking on the advanced options button will give you the ability to set an idle screen logo for the phone. Note that this is a bmp file that would be static on the phone. I think the phones only check the idle logo on reboot. It sounds like you want something more dynamic. The phones have a built in web browser. You can get to the web client configuration in the same menu as the idle logo. In theory you should be able to put the base URL in the web client and you may need to make a couple other setting changes but you should be able to get the web page to display on the phone when its idle.

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. Any suggestions or programming changes I suggest come with no warranty and should be tried at your own risk.

• 3.  RE: Polycom phone Back ground image

Posted 12-10-2018 06:39
    ​Hi,

Thanks for your information, I believe it is using for single phone right. I need any option to do from server or third party apps/software for all phones in shot.

Balaganapathy Balasubramanian
    CHEP International Inc.

• 4.  RE: Polycom phone Back ground image

Posted 12-10-2018 10:12
    You would configure this on a phone template within Interaction Administrator and apply the website to every phone all at once. The phone would need to be rebooted to take the new configuration but then they would be displaying the website. It has been a while since I played around with the phone web browser but I'm pretty sure they send some sort of identifiable information in their request to the web server. You can use this in your web site to display specific information on each phone. Obviously this would be a heavily customized website to do what you want but is totally doable with managed IP phones in CIC.

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. Any suggestions or programming changes I suggest come with no warranty and should be tried at your own risk.

• 5.  RE: Polycom phone Back ground image

Posted 12-13-2018 16:08
    Where are these bmp files stored?

Michael Hoang

• 6.  RE: Polycom phone Back ground image

Posted 12-13-2018 23:33
    From the help file the BMP files can be stored in this location on the CIC server:

Place the source image file in the \\ic\provision\polycom directory on the IC server.

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources