PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Biamp Tesira

• 1.  Biamp Tesira

Posted 05-08-2019 11:20
    ​Has anyone out there had success in connecting with a Biamp Tesira product?  It isn't certified to work with Genesys, but they do follow open sip standards.  We had it displaying as registered at one point, but I couldn't get it to answer, or dial out.

The Tesira wants to authenticate by user.  I am configuring a standard station, and assigning the ip address and mac address of the unit.  Then also adding a username and password in the authentication tab.

If anyone has any thoughts, I would appreciate it.

Thanks!

#SIP/VolP
    #SystemAdministration
    #Telephony

------------------------------
    Nicole

• 2.  RE: Biamp Tesira

Posted 05-08-2019 12:10
    Hi,

I haven't heard of this particular product, so just had a quick look and I see they have quite a range! Which specific unit are you working with? Assuming nobody else has more direct knowledge, I'm happy to have a look at the Spec sheets and see if I can see anything that might indicate the issue...

• 3.  RE: Biamp Tesira

Posted 05-08-2019 12:29
    Edited by Nicole Rastall 05-08-2019 12:44
      |   view attached
    Thanks!
    This is the screen shot that was provided to me by the AV installer. (attached)  It looks pretty basic.  The unit is the Tesira Server IO.  The card is an SVC2.

https://support.biamp.com/Tesira/VoIP/Generic_VoIP_configuration_for_Tesira_using_the_VoIP_web_interface is the link to a generic sip interace.  I have one more variation to test this afternoon.

As a fallback, we can use analog that will route through and audiocodes gateway, but I would much rather use sip.

Thanks, Nicole

Nicole

• 4.  RE: Biamp Tesira

Posted 05-08-2019 12:45
    I know when we went to setup our BiAmp we had similar problems. We ended up going through the Interaction SIP Proxy and haven't had a problem. I wasn't here when it was setup, but once our AV guy gets back i will look at the BiAmp configuration to see how we have it setup.

Scott Williams
    Missouri Higher Education Loan Authority

• 5.  RE: Biamp Tesira

Posted 05-08-2019 14:26
    Thanks!  I'm not sure what the Interaction SIP proxy is?

Nicole

• 6.  RE: Biamp Tesira

Posted 05-08-2019 17:01
    Interaction SIP Proxy is software you can install on one if your servers that acts as a SIP proxy (Gateway).  If you down loaded the CIC software, the SIP Proxy installer is in the Off-ServerComponents folder. SIP Proxy does require a license so you will need to purchase that license from Genesys.

Scott Williams
    Missouri Higher Education Loan Authority

• 7.  RE: Biamp Tesira

Posted 05-09-2019 08:21
    I've setup this device and other brands to register with PureConnect and the main issue I've run into is that many 3rd party SIP vendors don't support any kind of redundancy. The option to register via a SIP proxy is not a bad idea since the proxy can be switchover aware. Another option is to configured 2 SIP lines on the phone to register with both servers. And, if you're lucky, the device will support DNS SRV registration.

David Currier
    cpi.solutions

• 8.  RE: Biamp Tesira

Posted 05-09-2019 11:32
    I've set up quite a few 3rd party SIP devices which were not specifically certified by Genesys. I think at some point one of the devices was from Biamp. Some of these devices can be easier to configure than others. The interface looks fairly straight forward. What I would suggest is plug in all of the settings and then watch the SIP engine log on the CIC server (log must be at notes) and watch the device try to register. You should be able to see the exchange between the device and CIC and this should give you insight as to what is happening. You can also go up a level to TSServer and watch the registration request go through TSServer (once again TS Server must be at notes) which may show you why it is not granting it.

Assuming you get the device to register the next step is to try calls both to and from the device. Once again make a test call and then jump into the SIP engine logs to see the exchange of SIP messages. This should help you identify where the issue lies.

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. Any suggestions or programming changes I suggest come with no warranty and should be tried at your own risk.

• 9.  RE: Biamp Tesira

Posted 05-15-2019 12:20
    Thank you to everyone for the feedback!  I'm learning quite a lot.  We do have licensing for the SIP proxy server, although I did get the station to work without this server, so I have not implemented it yet.  I do understand not having failover could be an issue, so I will look into this option for the future.

I found that if i hard coded the ip address and mac in the station settings, we can pass calls.  I am doing the same with a SIP paging adapter, and it seems to be working so far.

Thanks!
    Nicole

Nicole

• 10.  RE: Biamp Tesira

Posted 05-15-2019 12:23
    If anyone is watching this post.... the challenge with these non-standard devices I am encountering is that they want a user name and password to log in to their interface.  Does anyone think this would work?  If I leave the MAC address blank on the station form, but set an authentication uname and password?

Just curious.  At this time I do not have access to alter the Biamp settings, so I have to leave it as is, but wondering if it would work theoretically.

Thanks, Nicole

Nicole

• 11.  RE: Biamp Tesira

Posted 05-15-2019 12:53
    This is pretty common for 3rd party SIP devices. Managed Polycom phones are assigned digest authentication credentials by the provisioning server automatically. But for a 3rd party device, you will likely need to specify a username and password in the station configuration in Interaction Administrator and then configure the same credentials in the device for its SIP identity so that when it attempts to register and the PureConnect server responds with a challenge for authentication, the credentials that the devices sends match what is configured for the station.

• 12.  RE: Biamp Tesira

GENESYS
    Posted 06-07-2019 09:03
    Edited by Matt Lawson 06-07-2019 09:14
    @Nicole Rastall We love that you are eager to learn and build positive discussion! Because of your stellar contributions, we have named you as a GCAP Member of the Month, which comes with 5k GCAP points! 

Congratulations, and thank you for being a rockstar!

Cole Callahan
    Genesys - Employees

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources