PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Limit cached contacts

Posted 03-18-2019 07:01
    Hello, good morning,

First excuse my English, I'm trying to see how to limit cache contacts per campaign, but I haven't seen how to do it. I've reviewed the documentation, but I can't find an option to limit cached contacts.

Can you help me with this?

Thank you in advance.

Greetings,
    Laura.
    #Outbound
    #PlatformAdministration
    #SystemAdministration

------------------------------
    Laura Torres
    Team Vision S. A.

• 2.  RE: Limit cached contacts

Posted 03-18-2019 07:34

There's no such parameter for it.

You can review this 2 KB articles to see how Dialer deals with cache

https://my.inin.com/products/selfhelp/kb/Lists/KnowledgeBase/DisplayKB.aspx?ID=325 (How many records does Dialer hold in cache for each campaign?)
    https://my.inin.com/products/selfhelp/kb/Lists/KnowledgeBase/DisplayKB.aspx?ID=426 (How does Dialer pull records into cache when skills are applied?)

Раско Радојевић
    Rasko Radojevic

• 3.  RE: Limit cached contacts

Posted 03-18-2019 08:03
    Thank you for your quick response.

The truth is that it is a disappointment that there is no such parameter.

As you have indicated there is no option to assign a limit of contacts in cache per campaign, but is it possible to assign a limit of contacts in cache globally for all campaigns?

Thank you in advance.

Greetings,
    Laura.

Laura Torres
    Team Vision S. A.

• 4.  RE: Limit cached contacts

Posted 03-18-2019 08:14
    Dear Laura,
    May I ask what are you trying to achieve? 
    I do not want to act as an advocate, but the point of the Dialer is to make as much calls as possible and not to allow agents to be idle. This should be point of all automated dialing systems, not only this one. That's why contacts are in cache as explained in articles that I referenced.

Why do you want to limit cache and what you want to achieve?

Раско Радојевић
    Rasko Radojevic

• 5.  RE: Limit cached contacts

Posted 03-18-2019 08:41
    Hello again Rasko,

This is because the customer wants to limit the number of cached contacts, as they have enough old callback and saturate the platform.

Again thank you for your information.

Greetings,
    Laura.

Laura Torres
    Team Vision S. A.

• 6.  RE: Limit cached contacts

Posted 03-18-2019 09:10

Interaction Dialer itself always try to call scheduled calls as soon as possible

Please read https://my.inin.com/products/selfhelp/kb/Lists/KnowledgeBase/DisplayKB.aspx?ID=716 (How Dialer scheduled calls are handled in various scenarios)

I would say that probably with script or the way how the agents are handling the calls and disposition probably cause issues. You should probably focus on that part and review CS tables per campaign.

Regards

Раско Радојевић
    Rasko Radojevic

• 7.  RE: Limit cached contacts

Posted 03-18-2019 09:27
    Hi Rascko,

We had just thought about reviewing the CS table, thank you very much for your help, it has been really useful.

Greetings!

Laura Torres
    Team Vision S. A.

• 8.  RE: Limit cached contacts

Posted 03-20-2019 10:16
    To clarify it doesn't sound like you want to adjust cache size but you do want to adjust the dialer so that it is not dialing as aggressively. As others mention by default dialer should be dialing callbacks or scheduled calls first so maybe something is misconfigured. Have you confirmed that the callbacks are not being dialed when you expect?

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. Any suggestions or programming changes I suggest come with no warranty and should be tried at your own risk.

• 9.  RE: Limit cached contacts

Posted 03-20-2019 11:56
    Sorry if it sounds like the call isn't so aggressive, that's not what you want.

I just wanted to know if there are any parameters that limit the number of cached contacts.

Callbacks are made when you want to do it, that's no problem.

By the way, thanks for the help!

Laura Torres
    Team Vision S. A.

• 10.  RE: Limit cached contacts

Posted 03-20-2019 11:02
    Just to throw in another curve-ball...

The discussion so far is assuming that the callbacks are Dialer callbacks, not callback objects in the queue created in Attendant. If the latter, then you need to look at the Inbound Workgroup settings on the ACD tab of the campaign. This allows you to have Dialer monitor the number of incoming interactions waiting (which would, I believe, include callbacks requested via the IVR.) and stop dialing when a threshold is exceeded. This is used when blending to ensure that you are only placing calls using Dialer when you don't have enough inbound work to keep all your agents busy.

HTH

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources