PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Handler Blind IVR Transfer Tool

Posted 02-18-2019 16:01
    Does anyone know how the Blind IVR Transfer tool differs from the Blind Transfer tool? I'm looking specifically to gain more insight on how the Blind IVR Transfer tool works and its benefits but the Interaction Designer Help page appears to be the same for both tools.

Thanks.
    #Handlers
    #Routing(ACD/IVR)
    #Telephony

------------------------------
    Steve Hairston

• 2.  RE: Handler Blind IVR Transfer Tool

Posted 02-19-2019 01:55
    The basic one (Blind Transfer tool) does not have "Update segment option"  

There is another tool which is more advanced called "Extended blind transfer" - its better using  this tool 

We usualley use "Extended blind transfer"-works great

Avraham (Avi) Rozen
    Harel

• 3.  RE: Handler Blind IVR Transfer Tool

Posted 02-19-2019 14:21
    Thanks for the feedback, Avi!

Does the "Update segment option" essentially mean that all of the information from the first leg of the call is passed to the second leg?

Steve Hairston
    CarMax Business Services

• 4.  RE: Handler Blind IVR Transfer Tool

Posted 02-20-2019 11:27
    Steve,

The Blind IVR Transfer tool step must be new as I don'r remember seeing this tool. Can I ask what you are trying to accomplish? It looks like Blind IVR Transfer is supposed to be used for transferring calls to IVR profiles where you can use blind transfer or extended blind transfer to blind transfer anywhere. Looking at dependencies this tool step is used when the client button for attendant transfer is invoked or within attendant itself.

Thanks,

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. Any suggestions or programming changes I suggest come with no warranty and should be tried at your own risk.

• 5.  RE: Handler Blind IVR Transfer Tool

Posted 02-21-2019 09:37
    Mark,

I was troubleshooting a recording issue in connection with a custom handler developed by someone else.

For the secure intake of credit card information, the agent clicks a button in an application to transfer the customer to an IVR where they enter their credit card number. After the number is entered or upon the press of the Escape key, the handler transfers the customer back to the same agent. 

All calls are recorded. The first leg of the credit card payment calls was being recorded as expected. However, the second leg of the call following the transfer from the secure IVR back to the agent (placed on the user queue) was not recording. A Blind Transfer step was being used to transfer the call from the IVR back to the agent, so to test, I replaced it with the Blind IVR Transfer tool. That resolved the issue but I wanted to better understand the key differences in the actions performed by the two tools.

Thanks,

Steve

Steve Hairston
    CarMax Business Services

• 6.  RE: Handler Blind IVR Transfer Tool

Posted 02-21-2019 01:37
    Hi Steve,

As much as i remember it means that if you will track the InteractionID call using ICBM you will see that the basic interaction logs "Transfer" as a segement and it will still listen till the transffered call (new call) terminates -writing the duration of the new call .

The new InteractionID which is created will get a different ID ,segments will see as if its a new inboundcall .You will be able to see if it was transffered by some inner attribute

Avraham (Avi) Rozen
    Harel

• 7.  RE: Handler Blind IVR Transfer Tool

Posted 02-21-2019 08:49
    Thanks for the explanation, Avi.

Steve Hairston
    CarMax Business Services

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources