PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Masked/Private Numbers

Posted 05-14-2018 14:12
    Good Afternoon!

Has anyone had any success (or alternative suggestions) for having inbound Private numbers be prompted to press a menu option to unmask their number?  Whether this be them doing a manual entry through something like Caller Data Entry or an automatic process?

Thanks!

• 2.  RE: Masked/Private Numbers

GENESYS
    Posted 05-14-2018 14:22
    My inclination is to prompt every caller to enter a callback number "in case they get disconnected" (using Caller Data Entry). If that doesn't fit your scenario, then you could use one or more Logical Transfer (or one Select) operation(s) to check the ANI to see if it is null or whatever other things it might come through as, and prompt for a phone number. I don't know of a way for them to unblock their phone number after it has already reached your site.

------------------------------
    George Ganahl
    Principal Program Manager
    Genesys

• 3.  RE: Masked/Private Numbers

Posted 05-16-2018 09:30

If this is something you want for all inbound calls, you could look at doing something with the handler CustomModifyIncomingANI. I am not a handler person, but  you could do a condition to see if ANI field is blank and if it is kick off another handler that forces the caller to input a phone number. Now what i am unsure of, but believe you can do, is you take the inputted number and assign that Value to the ANI field. 
    Handler people, is that possible?

if it isn't possible to put in the inputted number into the ANI field you could assign it a different Attribute so you at least have that info.

Scott Williams
    Missouri Higher Education Loan Authority

• 4.  RE: Masked/Private Numbers

Posted 05-16-2018 10:29
    I'm currently playing around with a more basic way of doing this in Attendant.  Trying to see if it will process any calls with an unknown ANI, and using the Caller Data Entry function to write to the EIC_RemoteAddress Attribute.

Bryan

• 5.  RE: Masked/Private Numbers

Posted 05-16-2018 10:33
    This should be pretty easy to do in handlers. Only thing is the attributes you are talking about changing are system reserved EIC attributes. If I remember correctly there is a custom name and number field you can use which the system will use for display in the clients. I don't remember though if this will write to the InteractionSummary table.

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. Any suggestions or programming changes I suggest come with no warranty and should be tried at your own risk.

• 6.  RE: Masked/Private Numbers

Posted 05-16-2018 11:01
    I could be wrong but I believe it makes it's own copy of the attribute due to that particular one being modified.  Documentation didn't state that this was a reserved attribute, could be wrong however.

Bryan

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources