PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Changing what is displayed on toast

• 1.  Changing what is displayed on toast

Posted 12-07-2018 10:48
    Help me refresh my memory. I thought there were newer attributes which allows you to adjust the display name or phone number which displays in the client but keeping the base ones what they were. In other words the name or number will show correctly in the Interaction Summary table but lets say you replace the remote name with the queue name so it shows in the toast pop. Alternately I thought there was a custom field in the toast pop but could be making that up. Any insight on how others have adjusted the info in the pop would be greatly appreciated.
    #Handlers

------------------------------
    Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. Any suggestions or programming changes I suggest come with no warranty and should be tried at your own risk.

• 2.  RE: Changing what is displayed on toast
    Best Answer

Posted 12-08-2018 02:20
    Hi Mark - THe name of the attribute you are looking for is Eic_ClientMsg. I am using this attribute in different PureConnect Versions. The newest version is 2018 R2 system. 
    HTH
    -Kleid

Kleid Gjataj
    Mindsight

• 3.  RE: Changing what is displayed on toast

Posted 12-10-2018 09:09
    Kleid,

Interesting enough this attribute is missing from the Attribute_TR document on the help website. I'm looking at the 2018 R5 document so maybe Genesys removed the attribute between 2018 R2 and 2018 R5. I hope one of the Genesys employees can chime in if this attribute is still supported.

Thanks,

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. Any suggestions or programming changes I suggest come with no warranty and should be tried at your own risk.

• 4.  RE: Changing what is displayed on toast

Posted 12-10-2018 09:57
    I am not sure if it is the same thing, but I set Eic_RemoteName in Administrator as this is what pops in the client to tell the agent where the calls is coming from

Philip Last
    Arvato Limited

• 5.  RE: Changing what is displayed on toast

Posted 12-10-2018 09:58
    Set in "Attendant", not "Administrator".

Philip Last
    Arvato Limited

• 6.  RE: Changing what is displayed on toast

Posted 12-10-2018 10:19
    Philip,

I have done this before as well but then the Remote Name override is saved in the database in the call log. Not the end of the world but I try to keep all of the data in the call log untouched. I do think there is an override attribute which is used in the display in the client for both remote name and number so you can adjust what is in the client without messing with the values that will be written to the database. Interesting enough I can't find those attributes either. This is driving me nuts because I remember seeing all of these attributes a while back but wonder if they were all replaced some time ago.

Thanks,

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

• 7.  RE: Changing what is displayed on toast

Posted 12-10-2018 10:30
    Mark

I know what you mean about retaining the information. Only thing I can think of is to set a CustomAttribute to = Eic_RemoteName, then set EIC_RemoteName to whatever you want to display to the agent, at least then you have a record of what it was before changing.

Philip Last
    Arvato Limited

• 8.  RE: Changing what is displayed on toast

Posted 12-10-2018 14:00
    This has been missing from attribute TR for years, but it still works

-Kleid

Sent from a mobile device. Please excuse brevity and typos.

• 9.  RE: Changing what is displayed on toast

GENESYS
    Posted 12-10-2018 14:54
    Edited by Sam Johnson 12-10-2018 14:56
    This attribute works on my 2018 R5 system with Interaction Desktop; it is not supported with Connect.

Sam Johnson
    Genesys - Senior PS Consultant
    This message reflects my personal experience and does not necessarily constitute a Genesys best practice or official statement.

• 10.  RE: Changing what is displayed on toast

Posted 12-13-2018 23:24
    Sam,

Any idea why this attribute isn't in the Attribute_TR?

Thanks,

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

• 11.  RE: Changing what is displayed on toast

GENESYS
    Posted 12-14-2018 15:10
    It's there now :)

Sam Johnson
    This message reflects my personal experience and does not necessarily constitute a Genesys best practice or official statement.

• 12.  RE: Changing what is displayed on toast

Posted 12-17-2018 10:23
    Sam,

Thank you for updating the documentation. I think there were display changing values you could have used so the name or number would display differently in the client (or on the phone) but you are not changing it behind the scenes like in the system or in the database. If these values actually exist could you help me find them and perhaps get them added back to the attribute TR as well?

Thanks,

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

• 13.  RE: Changing what is displayed on toast

GENESYS
    Posted 01-16-2019 11:58
    Mark,
    I did not do the update, as the documentation team is responsible for the TR. If further updates are needed, you can reach out to them using the Feedback link on the help pages. They are usually pretty responsive.

As far as other ways to update the name displayed, other than Eic_RemoteName, you could debug an interaction in Designer and see all of the attributes on the interaction to see what else is available to change. Another option you have is to define a new attribute, add it as a queue column, and push that out to clients using a template.

Sam Johnson

• 14.  RE: Changing what is displayed on toast

Posted 12-27-2018 17:53
    ​I've been using eic_remotename  to display simple messages on the toast pop, such as what product or skill was chosen in an attendant digit menu, or what language the customer interaction is.

eic_remotename is the Caller name (ACME Industries) from the Telco (SIP or PRI) Then we may prepend text strings to this, for this example, a "VIP" account caller.

Attendant Node: Set Attribute
    Attribute: eic_remotename
    Value: VIP - $(EIC_RemoteName)

Toast displays: VIP - ACME Industries

Chaz Holmes
    Electric Lightwave

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources