PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  3rd Party ASR/TTS

Posted 10-11-2018 16:42
    Curious if anyone in the community has attempted and been successful with configuring any 3rd party ASR or TTS? Interested to learn if anyone has had success and been happy with a vendor other than Nuance.

Thanks,
    Shane

• 2.  RE: 3rd Party ASR/TTS

Posted 10-12-2018 07:07
    Considering that for Serbian there's no Nuance ASR/TTS we have used a local product and configured with CIC

and it works quite well in our case / Print Screen from our Development

MRCP Server configuration

------------------------------
    Раско Радојевић
    Rasko Radojevic

• 3.  RE: 3rd Party ASR/TTS

Posted 10-12-2018 12:24
    In theory anything that supports MRCP 2.0 should work. I have seen people use NeoSpeech for TTS. However if you run into an issue you may not get any support from your VAR/Genesys as they may simply say well we see the rest go out and come back and that will be as far as they take it. I have run into some strange quirky behavior as well when using products other than Nuance.

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. Any suggestions or programming changes I suggest come with no warranty and should be tried at your own risk.

• 4.  RE: 3rd Party ASR/TTS

Posted 11-15-2018 16:53
    Appreciate the info!

To add to this, I noticed Nuance also has a hosted solution. Has anyone tried this or any other hosted ASR offering with success? Difficult to configure?

We're looking to evaluate Nuance alternatives for ASR and so far not finding too many out there. Primarily focused on English language with Spanish as secondary. That list of languages will likely grow in time.

Thanks again,
    Shane

Shane Jenkins
    SAIC

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources