Genesys Engage on-premises

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  PULSE: Need to Display UserData Totals Using Group By Columns

Posted 02-22-2019 10:02
    I have a UserData key called CallerIntent that has values associated to the IVR menu selection made by the caller. For the sake of this case, lets say that there are 3 IVR menu options and that the values assigned to CallerIntent can be one of DeskPhone, Mobile, OtherIssues. I want to display statistics on the number of calls that were received for each of the 3 types of CallerIntent.  It would look something like:

DeskPhone        10
        Mobile                17
        OtherIssues        24

I tried the following:
    1) In Pulse Stat Server, I created a statistic called Total_Calls_Grouped (yes, like in the Pulse Help manuals)

2) I created a custom widget that is a clone of a Queue KPI Widget. The thought here is that the stat collector will gather the number of calls for each type of CallerIntent that is entering the queue. Since this is collected at the queue level, then it should be a matter of creating 3 new statistics for Queue KPI (DeskPhone, Mobile, OtherIssues). This is my attempt at creating a statistic for OtherIssues:

I don't have a formula and the display format is number. I tried it with the User Data checkbox set to True and that still does not work. The warning message I get is "statistic request failed" [not a very helpful message].

Can this be done in Pulse? If yes, what specifically do I need to configure to make this work?

Thanks,
    #ArchitectureandDesign
    #Reporting/Analytics

------------------------------
    Nelson Boychuk
    Tykans Group Inc

• 2.  RE: PULSE: Need to Display UserData Totals Using Group By Columns

Posted 02-26-2019 18:57
    Hey Nelson,

Why I haven't used the GroupBy function, I can see that your filter is defined differently than how we use it, which I suspect may be causing an issue.  You should create the filter in the Filter section of Stat Server and then in the Pulse statistic you reference the Filter by whatever option name you gave it in Stat Server (eg. Something like Intent_OtherIssues)

My second question though would be why you have a filter defined at all though.  My understanding of the GroupBy function is that it'll automatically create a row for the object for each of the dimensions that appear in your GroupBy definition, therefore you only need to define the statistic in Pulse once.

If you wanted to have a distinct value  in each column, then you'd define the statistic 3 times and apply a filter against each for each Intent, which is the way you would do it before GroupBy was introduced.

IF there are issues, the Logs for Collector and/or Stat Server should provide some further information.

Jason Mclennan
    Commonwealth Bank of Australia

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources