Genesys Engage on-premises

View Only

Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

GIR IVR Recording VXML Syntax Not Working

• 1.  GIR IVR Recording VXML Syntax Not Working

Posted 03-22-2019 00:39
    I am attempting to implement GIR recording for an IVR. I am attempting to use the VoiceXML approach outlined in the GIR guide in the section  titled "Controling Recording with VoiceXML".  The guide give an example VXML of 

<?xml version="1.0"?>
    <vxml version="2.0" xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2001/vxml">
        <form> 
           <block>
              <log gvp:dest="record">
                 start;
              </log>
           </block>
           <!-- ...more VoiceXML code -->
         </form>
    </vxml>

The guide says "This value informs MCP that the contents of the <log> tag are commands, rather than text that should be logged.

I have implemented the example, but when I execute it and look at the GVP logs, I see that the log message results in an error. MCP thinks I am trying to do a log message instead of a command.

2019-03-21 21:36:59.498 DBUG 00A101C9-10013AD4 1824721216 0C000000 Runtime.cxx:80 RuntimeFactory(): Called for [LogElement] at line [153]
    2019-03-21 21:36:59.498 DBUG 00A101C9-10013AD4 1824721216 0C000000 Runtime.cxx:80 RuntimeFactory(): Called for [LogElement] at line [153]
    2019-03-21 21:36:59.498 DBUG 00A101C9-10013AD4 1824721216 0C000000 LogRuntime.cxx:29 Execute() Started, event type: -1
    2019-03-21 21:36:59.498 DBUG 00A101C9-10013AD4 1824721216 0C000000 LogRuntime.cxx:110 Execute() Handling text [ start; ]
    2019-03-21T21:36:59.498 Int 50039 00A101C9-10013AD4 1824721216 exec_error Invalid log destination [record], ignored

What am I missing. Is there some additional configuration I need to do on the MCP.  Do I need a specific version of MCP? I tested this on 8.5.150.63.

Thanks in advance for any help
    #Routing(ACD/IVR)

------------------------------
    David Starnes
    Voxai Solutions Inc.

• 2.  RE: GIR IVR Recording VXML Syntax Not Working

Posted 03-22-2019 10:12
    ​I see the vxml example, now lets see a snippet of your actual code that is generating the error.

Todd McCall
    Bank of America

• 3.  RE: GIR IVR Recording VXML Syntax Not Working

Posted 03-22-2019 10:26
      |   view attached
    I have attached the complete VXML in case you need to see the larger flow. 

Here is the snippet of the generated VXML that attempts to trigger the recording.

<!-- This is the VXML Form block Initiate_Recording -->
    <form id="Initiate_Recording">
        <block>
                  start;
              </log>
        </block>
        <block>
             <goto next="#Initate_IVR" />
         </block>    
    </form>

David Starnes
    Voxai Solutions Inc.

Attachment(s)

zip
    RecordIVR.zip   2 KB 1 version

• 4.  RE: GIR IVR Recording VXML Syntax Not Working

Posted 03-22-2019 10:39
    David,

This is not typically my area of strict expertise, but in looking at your composer form, I can see you're using a VXML Form block to instantiate the recording construct.  There appears to be an IVR Recording block available which should just be out of the box functionality for that specific use case.  Have you tried using that, and if so, did it produce a similar failure?

Ivan Ullmann
    Eventus Solutions Group

• 5.  RE: GIR IVR Recording VXML Syntax Not Working

Posted 03-25-2019 14:06
    Do you have these options configured?

Default IVR profile
    gvp.policy/voicexml-recording-allowed=true

SIP Server App object
    sip-enable-ivr-metadata=true (Not needed to record)
    Default Value: No default value
    Valid Values: true, false
    Changes Take Effect: For the next call

This option is used for IVR recording call scenarios. Specifies whether SIP
    Server passes its Application name in the initial INVITE message (in the XGenesys-
    sipsAppName header) to Media Server. If this option is set to true, SIP
    Server includes its Application name in the custom header of the INVITE that it
    sends to Media Server. It also enables the default behavior of the feature
    depending on the DN type, as follows:
    • Voice over IP Service (msml), Trunk Group, and Voice Treatment
    Port-SIP Server sends the custom header.
    • Trunk-SIP Server does not send the custom header.

If this option is set to false, SIP Server does not include its Application name
    in the initial INVITE sent to Media Server.

Notes: • If the IVR recording feature is enabled, it is not required to
    explicitly enable recording by setting the record option to true on
    DNs representing GVP, such as Trunk, Trunk Group, or Voice

Treatment Port. Recording is started by the VXML application
    running on the Media Server.

• This option can also be configured at the DN level. The DN-level
    setting takes precedence over the Application-level setting.

You can also initiate recording (IVR) at Trunkgroup DN options.
    [T-Server] Section
    record = true

You can also use the IVR Recording Block within your composer code to initiate IVR Recording.

Thanks

Sai Kiran Mutyala
    State of Wisconsin

• 6.  RE: GIR IVR Recording VXML Syntax Not Working

Posted 04-01-2019 19:24
      |   view attached
    Thank you to all for the replies. And sorry that it took so long for me to make a reply. Based on Ivan's response I have changed my code to use the IVR Recording block. It does generate the same VXML that is listed in the doco. I also added the option Sai specified to the default IVR profile. I aslo added it to a 2nd profile since I saw that profile name in the log files. 

Unfortunately, new tests still yield the same result. 

I have uploaded a new zip file containing the MCP log (trimmed down to protect the innocent), the generated vxml, screenshots of the code and the option.

David Starnes
    Voxai Solutions Inc.

Attachment(s)

• 7.  RE: GIR IVR Recording VXML Syntax Not Working

Posted 04-02-2019 10:44
      |   view attached
    Hi David,

I doubt on few things after seeing your configuration and composer code.
    1. Do you have GIR specific MCP's deployed?
    2. Do you have IVR profiles created for those MCP's?
    3. If the above two are implemented then I doubt if you have configured Recording Destination? (Also make sure you configure proper GIR user credentials) - Usually those that are used while your GIR components are deployed into your environment.
    4. If your Recording Destination is also setup correctly, Have you used the IVR Recording stop block to end the recording?
    5. If above all cases are met and implemented correctly you should find your recordings in the destination path that you have configured in your IVR Profile.

I have attached the configuration snippet of how you IVR profile should look like for your reference. Although I have few sensitive information masked.

Thanks

Sai Kiran Mutyala
    State of Wisconsin

• 8.  RE: GIR IVR Recording VXML Syntax Not Working

Posted 04-02-2019 12:24
      |   view attached
    Sai,

There is another IVR Profile that implements GIR recording. It is named ivr_recording and is currently used with Trunk based recording. I have attached a screenshot of this profile. 

However, based on how I read the GVP log file, when it executes the "log" block, it appears to fail immediately. There is no indication that any additional messages were sent to any other component  or any additional configuration was read. If it did go any further, I would have expected to see additional messages saying that it tried to engage something else. But all we see is the one error of "exec_error Invalid log destination [record], ignored" and then it continues to the next VXML block.

So I think the first issue is still how to get GVP to recognize the log block as a special recording command and not just a plain log message.

David Starnes
    Voxai Solutions Inc.

• 9.  RE: GIR IVR Recording VXML Syntax Not Working

Posted 04-02-2019 13:16
    Hi David,

Yes I have noticed the error before and went down this path because:
    After Branching block, I see that it has not followed the default path where you have a logic to only enter that path if the url value is null. From your log it is definitely clear that it took another path which triggers IVR recording. At this point log bock that you used is completely out of context. Moreover if there are any issues with log block you would have be warned after you have validated your script before publishing and deploying. From my experience log block can only be used to add any specific additional information you want to print in your log for your debugging purpose and it does not have the capability where GVP can interpret it would contain some recording related commands. From what I see it is clear that an error is being generated as and when you are trying to manually initiate recording. It would be something related to a missing configuration of your voice platform application template that your gir mcp application is dependant on or within the options of the mcp application itself. It would have been more easy if error code is printed to narrow down what is missing, Good luck.

Thanks

Sai Kiran Mutyala
    State of Wisconsin

• 10.  RE: GIR IVR Recording VXML Syntax Not Working

Posted 04-03-2019 08:37
    Sai,

The use of the Log to control IVR recording is described in the GIR Solutions Guide. Here is the link. https://docs.genesys.com/Documentation/CR/8.5.2/Solution/IVRRecording

Here is a snippet from the guide that describes what I am trying to do.

Controlling Recording with VoiceXML
    The syntax to control recording within a VoiceXML application is described in VoiceXML Syntax, and the scope of when recording occurs within an IVR application is described in Recording Scope.

Important
    This feature is applicable only for GIR and it is not applicable to environments with third-party recording solutions integrated with GVP.
    VoiceXML Syntax
    To control recording within a VoiceXML application, set the dest attribute of the <log> tag to record, anywhere that executable content is allowed. This value informs MCP that the contents of the <log> tag are commands, rather than text that should be logged. In the body of the tag, list the desired commands, delimited by semicolons. For example,

<command>
    [additional commands;]
    </log>

Based on this, it is possible to use a log block to initiate IVR recording. And this is why I keep focusing on the "exec_error Invalid log destination [record], ignored" message. Since there are no other message indicating that any form of recording is being initiated, I conclude that this error message is saying that the GVP does not recognize this special use of the log block.

David

David Starnes
    Voxai Solutions Inc.

• 11.  RE: GIR IVR Recording VXML Syntax Not Working

Posted 04-03-2019 08:50
    While making my previous response, I noticed that the documentation I was referencing was for 8.5.2. I looked at the release notes to see if XML based IVR recording was mentioned on a particular release. I found what appears to be a reference on 8.5.212.03.

Some of the primary new features added in release 8.5.212.03-September 27, 2016:
    Support for Play application level Interactive Voice Response (IVR) recording.

From this I am going to make the assumption that my GVP needs to be this version of higher. I then checked the deployed version in my test environment and it is 8.5.150. So I will be performing an upgrade and then retesting. I will post new test results after I complete the upgrade.

David

David Starnes
    Voxai Solutions Inc.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources