Genesys Engage on-premises

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  How to specify which DN shouldn't be recorded?

Posted 05-16-2019 16:07
    Edited by Cole Callahan 10-23-2019 11:08

Hello Team,

Is there any way in GIR to specify which DN or phone number shouldn't be recorded in GIR?

We've configured a Trunk into the solution and this DN is being recorded, so I need to know if I can configure the platform for this. 

Thank you in advance. 

Best,
    Sebastián V.

#PlatformAdministration
    #Quality Management
    #Telephony

------------------------------
    Sebastian Valenzuela
    CrossNet S.A.

• 2.  RE: How to specify which DN shouldn't be recorded?

Posted 05-16-2019 16:11
    Place [tserver]\record=false
    On anything you don't want to record

• 3.  RE: How to specify which DN shouldn't be recorded?

Posted 05-16-2019 16:17
    Awesome, thank you. I'll try and will let you know. Thank you!!!

Sebastian Valenzuela
    CrossNet S.A.

• 4.  RE: How to specify which DN shouldn't be recorded?

Posted 05-16-2019 16:37
    Hello Ivan,

I've checked the configuration and you are correct, but is not what I need.
    We were having some issues forwarding calls to an external number, because of the RTP's issue.
    So, we've configured to record the trunk in order to MCP handled the RTP's and this solved the issue, but now we will be recording more interactions in Speechminer. 

This is because, I need to configure in "SpeechMiner" this, not the Place.

We need that MCP record this calls in order to handle RTP's, but not in Speechminer.

Please, let me know if you've understood my question.. This looks a little confused, but is not. 
    Thank you!

Sebastian Valenzuela
    CrossNet S.A.

• 5.  RE: How to specify which DN shouldn't be recorded?

Posted 05-16-2019 16:44
    Sebastian,

Without knowing the requirements around your recording solution, I am at a loss to provide a full solution, but you can try some of the suggestions I'll post.
    • Remove recording=true from your carrier trunk and place it only on extensions, agent ID's, or internal trunks for recording purposes.
    • Selectively override recording via routing strategy

If you don't want to see recordings in the UI, you could change your recording heirarchy so that they're not visible to your users, but I don't understand the purpose of hiding recordings in the UI if you're making them irrespective.

Without knowing the specifics of your RTP issue to specific forwarded calls, I don't know how to assist you further, but hopefully one of the suggestions above can be of some small service.

-Ivan

Ivan Ullmann
    Eventus Solutions Group

• 6.  RE: How to specify which DN shouldn't be recorded?

Posted 05-17-2019 05:52
    Hello Sbastian,

I don't know what you mean by 'but now we will be recording more interactions in Speechminer.'
    Speech miner never initiate recording in GIR as it is in UI layer. If you want to filter out recordings, then that can be done by creating classification & category in SMART tool as per your business need to instruct Speechminer about what interactions should be recognized by it . More over you can work on call recording access group to assign appropriate permission to agents to restrict all recordings getting listed for all agents.

Recording ON/OFF is possible at three locations as mentioned below based on kind of recording enabled in your environment.

- Full Time recording (SIP Server initiate)    - DN Configuration (TServer/record=true/false)
    - Selective recording (Routing strategy initiate ) -  TRouteCall with extension record=Source/DEST
    - Dynamic Recording (Agent initiate in WDE) - TPrivateService=GSIP_RECORD_START/STOP/PAUSE/RESUME

Hope that helps you sort out your issue.

Ramkumar Ramar
    Nationstar Mortgage LLC

• 7.  RE: How to specify which DN shouldn't be recorded?

Posted 05-17-2019 09:33
    Thank you Ramkumar and Ivan for your feedback. 

I made a typo explaining this. Really sorry, but how I wrote Yesterday, we've configured a Trunk into the solution in order to handle the RTS's and now speechminer will record all the data that pass trough this DN (Trunk), but we can't set in Place record=false, because we need that MCP continue recording. We just need that Speechminer stop record the DN that is assigned to the Trunk and just record the calls that enter to the callcenter. I don't want to stop recording calls, just I need to stop recording and specific DN that is assigned to the trunk. 

This is a Full Time Recording configuration. 

Best,

Sebastian Valenzuela
    CrossNet S.A.

• 8.  RE: How to specify which DN shouldn't be recorded?

Posted 05-17-2019 10:11
    Sebastian,

If you're needing to record all calls, but not outgoing calls to specific numbers, my suggestion is as follows:
    • [TServer]/record=true on all Extension DN's (or if you only have one switch, setting this on your trunk linked to your carrier will serve, but not catch anything internally transferred)
    • Add the "record=none" extension attribute to the specific numbers you need to not record when placing outbound calls by strategy.

This is a dynamic recording adjustment.

Another option you could use is creating a trunk for a single specific outbound DN that must be selected based off of a specific prefix attribute on the trunk.  You could turn [TServer]/record=false on that specific trunk only.

This is a static recording adjustment.

It is my belief that you would get more for your effort in building a configurable dynamic solution, as typically if you have to stop recording one specific number, that requirement will resurface and you'll end up having to do it again.

Ivan Ullmann
    Eventus Solutions Group

• 9.  RE: How to specify which DN shouldn't be recorded?

Posted 05-20-2019 09:23
    As was suggested by Ivan, this can be achieved by configuring the access to the recordings. The recordings you do not want to show within SM should belong to the "default/root" hierarchy where no one (except administrators) is able to access

Jakub Němec
    Dimension Data Czech Republic s.r.o.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources