Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  New Button/ Page

Posted 12-11-2018 06:40
    Hello Everyone,

My customer would like to send SMSs based on two fields, mobile# and the content body. However, since the agents will not use Outbound Campaigns, I can not depend on scripts because this case is considered as normal single outbound call. 

I would like to add my new button which should pop-up a very simple JS page.

Is this possible? Or is there a workaround to pop-up screens? The customer is looking for a very simple process.

Best Regards,

#Integrations
    #PlatformAdministration
    #Roadmap/NewFeatures
    #SystemAdministration

------------------------------
    Ali Aljohani
    Jathwa Technology Solutions

• 2.  RE: New Button/ Page
    Best Answer

GENESYS
    Posted 12-12-2018 12:19
    Hi Ali --
    A couple of things that will help with this use case.  Today we did release the Outbound SMS on behalf of Queue feature which will allow an Agent to initiate an outbound SMS to an end customer.  The requirements are a queue to send on behalf of and setup with an outbound SMS number, the number to send the message to and the message content.  The Agent also needs to be a member of the queue they are sending the message on behalf of.  More information in the release notes about this feature which you can find at this link:  https://help.mypurecloud.com/releasenote/december-12-2018/

Additionally there is an API available for sending an outbound SMS message - same requirements as above, in that a queue, number and message are needed and the user initiating the API call needs to be a member of the queue supplied.  Information on the API can be found here: https://developer.mypurecloud.com/api/rest/v2/conversations/index.html#postConversationsMessages

Hope that helps.

Katie Ritz
    Director, Product Management
    Genesys - Employees

• 3.  RE: New Button/ Page

Posted 01-03-2019 04:31
    Thank you, Katie.

Ali Aljohani
    Jathwa Technology Solutions

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources