PureCloud

Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Service Level Calculation - when does it start?

• 1.  Service Level Calculation - when does it start?

GCAP Member
    Posted 01-03-2019 13:57
    Hello,

We have a Service Level goal of 80/20 and since moving into PureCloud we have noticed a drastic drop in our Service Level percentage for some business units.

Do we know when the seconds start counting? Is it as soon as the interaction enters the system - or when it enters the queue? At the moment.. it appears that interactions have a duration of roughly 15 seconds as they enter a queue and presenting to an agent, so with if no agents are idle for that call, we have only 5 seconds before we have missed the target.

If anyone has any info that would help with understanding when the count starts, it would be greatly appreciated.
    thanks!
    #Reporting/Analytics
    #Routing(ACD/IVR)

------------------------------
    Kymberli

• 2.  RE: Service Level Calculation - when does it start?

GENESYS
    Posted 01-03-2019 14:01
    The count starts when the interaction enters the queue.

George Ganahl CCXP, GCA
    Principal Program Manager
    Genesys

• 3.  RE: Service Level Calculation - when does it start?

GCAP Member
    Posted 01-03-2019 14:53
    Thank you!

In the service level calculation - what is included in: number of interactions that miss the service level target?   Is it just calls above the SL target + abandoned?

When are abandoned interactions NOT counted in the SL%? is there a threshold?

Kymberli O'Hagan
    Alberta Motor Association

• 4.  RE: Service Level Calculation - when does it start?

GENESYS
    Posted 01-03-2019 15:14
    The "number of interactions that miss the service level target" only includes ones answered in the queue. Abandons are not in that number, nor are flow-outs (transferred to another queue before answered by an agent, transferred to voicemail before answered by an agent, caller elects to receive a callback instead of waiting for an agent).

George Ganahl CCXP, GCA
    Genesys

• 5.  RE: Service Level Calculation - when does it start?

GCAP Member
    Posted 01-03-2019 15:31
    So a call that is abandoned while in queue on hold, does not count against the Service Level %? That surprises me a bit! We have always factored in a call that abandons while in queue - How can we accurately represent call center performance without taking into account the abandoned calls?

If the SL does not include abandoned calls, would there be a way for us to customize this calculation in order to factor them in?

Kymberli O'Hagan

• 6.  RE: Service Level Calculation - when does it start?

GENESYS
    Posted 01-03-2019 15:35
    Sorry, I thought you were reading from the definition of Service Level in the Resource Center since you basically quoted it :-)

https://help.mypurecloud.com/glossary/service-level/

Calculated by: (Number of answered interactions - number of interactions that miss the service level target)/ (Number of answered interactions + number of abandoned interactions)*100

Abandons are in the denominator of the calculation.

George Ganahl CCXP, GCA
    Genesys

• 7.  RE: Service Level Calculation - when does it start?

GCAP Member
    Posted 01-03-2019 15:43
    Edited by Kymberli O'Hagan 01-03-2019 15:50
    hahaha - wow. clearly i need more sleep :)

Sorry for the confusion there! I think i'll just try explain why i'm asking.. i have an interval where for one queue the SL was 67% and when i calculated using that formula it was 33% - the system did not factor in a call that abandoned at 4s - that's why i was asking if an abandoned call is ever not added to the calculation.   Does that make more sense?

Kymberli O'Hagan

• 8.  RE: Service Level Calculation - when does it start?

GENESYS
    Posted 01-03-2019 16:03
    Did you place just 3 calls into the queue?

Did they all enter the queue during the same interval as they were answered or disconnected?

George Ganahl CCXP, GCA
    Genesys