PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Setting up SIP REFER

Posted 06-25-2019 09:03
    We're trying to set up SIP REFER to send calls between 2 sets of CIC servers (one we've designated for IVR calls, one we've designated for ACD).  Once a call falls out of the IVR and needs to transfer to ACD, we've set up a dedicated Line in Interaction Administrator to send it directly to the other CIC server pair, with SIP REFER settings enabled, and updated the dial plan to use a set dial format to send across this line.  We've also set up a dedicated line on the ACD server (with SIP REFER settings enabled) to receive these transfer.  However, when we transfer across these lines, the call still persists on the IVR server.  Are there other customizations necessary (config in IA or handler changes) to have the session removed from the IVR so it only persists on the ACD and is released from the IVR?  We don't want to get into a situation where there are long hold times in queue, which would tie up the sessions on the IVR server while they wait in ACD queue.

I've got a ticket opened with Genesys as well, but hoping there may be some small config update or handler steps that other folks have worked successfully will get me what I'm looking for.

Thanks!
    #Handlers
    #Routing(ACD/IVR)
    #SIP/VolP

------------------------------
    Michael Hulshult
    Worldpay, LLC fka Vantiv, LLC
    ------------------------------

• 2.  RE: Setting up SIP REFER

Posted 06-25-2019 10:10
    Ok, so this is just a hunch.....

If the call is coming in on one line and then going out on another, then IC doesn't realize that it is no longer needed. If the "in" and the "out" are on the same line, then it can see that you are tromboning and "step out".

Not sure, but if you put a SIP proxy between the IC server and the Gataeway / other IC server, then it's only one line,,,

Just a thought :-)

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources