PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Forward to Workgroup VM

Posted 06-14-2019 14:11
    ​Hello,

I am looking for guidance when using the "Status is Forward" to use in order to forward to a workgroup voicemail.  I have tested this in our DEV environment, spoofed the workgroup inbound number while having my status set as forward and the workgroup 20011.  When I dialed into the workgroup I did not receive a voicemail prompt. 
    I am looking for input on how or if this is configurable and if so, what steps I missed in my test environment.

Thank you!
    ​​
    #Routing(ACD/IVR)

------------------------------
    Tina Castro
    NorthWestern Corporation

• 2.  RE: Forward to Workgroup VM

Posted 06-18-2019 16:39
    Hi Tina,
    Before we go too far down the rabbit-hole, let me make sure I understand your requirements.
    Do I take it that you want users to be able to set up a forwarding so that callers can leave a VM which then gets processed as an ACD interaction by the workgroup? Or something else?

• 3.  RE: Forward to Workgroup VM

Posted 07-01-2019 18:02
    Hello,

No this would not be an interaction.  It would be a status with forward selected and the forward would go to the ACD workgroup voicemail and not the users personal voicemail.  Does that make sense?​

Tina Castro
    NorthWestern Corporation

• 4.  RE: Forward to Workgroup VM

Posted 07-01-2019 18:15
    Who would you anticipate picking up these voicemails?

• 5.  RE: Forward to Workgroup VM

Posted 07-01-2019 18:18
    I would like to see the group voicemail become an interaction once an agent in that group is available.  Much like a regular voicemail does today.​

Tina Castro
    NorthWestern Corporation

• 6.  RE: Forward to Workgroup VM

Posted 07-02-2019 12:28
    Tina,

I'm confused - I also think you may have a misunderstanding ;-)

I'm confused because if I read what you are saying, if someone forwards to the Workgroup, even if there are agents available, you are saying you want it to go to VoiceMail for later processing? Unless I'm missing something, that doesn't make sense...

Now to your misunderstanding. When you set a mailbox user on a workgroup, that does not cause the workgroup to send those messages to workgroup members. To do that, you need to monitor a mailbox, either in the ACD Routing settings, or using Attendant. The mailbox does not need to be associated with the workgroup for distribution (although it can be.)

Anyway, I'm guessing the easiest way would be to create a Profile in Attendant, clear the various prompts and repetition timers in the profile and default schedule and then set a default action of "Voicemail Transfer". You then select the workgroup from there. Users would then set their forwarding to the profile, rather than the workgroup directly.

Others may have alternate methods, but I reckon that's how I'd do it :-)

• 7.  RE: Forward to Workgroup VM

Posted 07-02-2019 12:39
    I can see how I confused this conversation :). 
    This would only be applicable on group closed or no agents logged in as available and would only happen when the status was set to meeting, training or project; otherwise a voicemail would be handled as normal interaction.​

Tina Castro
    NorthWestern Corporation

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources