PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Interaction Attendant to be Replaced With...?

Posted 06-03-2019 13:51
    Hello to all!

I have seen some responses to posts on the PureConnect product lab site that seem to suggest that Attendant may be replaced by a different IVR design tool.  The last statement that I recall reading was that there is a POC in progress to determine if one of the other current design tools for PureCloud or PureEngage could be the replacement application.

Can anyone confirm this?  If this is actually correct, what is the expected time frame to make a decision?

Thanks!
    #ArchitectureandDesign
    #Roadmap/NewFeatures
    #Self-Service

------------------------------
    Barry Farrington
    Long Term Care Partners, LLC

• 2.  RE: Interaction Attendant to be Replaced With...?

Posted 06-07-2019 12:46
    Barry,

I saw a product demo of something called Interaction Architect a while back which was supposed to make Pureconnect act more like Purecloud with version control, allowing changing the configuration by version and a bunch of other advanced functions. Last I heard from my contacts at Genesys was that it was still coming but they pulled a bunch of functionality out of it. This was a couple years ago and I haven't heard anything since. I do agree that Attendant needs to be replaced as it has not aged well and most advanced IVRs cannot be fit into attendant anymore causing a reliance on handlers. I've also been hearing for a very long time (I think since 2.3) that handlers were going away but I suspect there would be a revolt if we lost access to build handlers.

Thanks,

Mark

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. Any suggestions or programming changes I suggest come with no warranty and should be tried at your own risk.

• 3.  RE: Interaction Attendant to be Replaced With...?

Posted 07-15-2019 19:40
    There's some documentation available on the PureCloud side: https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/architect-overview/

Quite a few years ago Gildas Cherruel and I designed a new replacement for Interaction Attendant. It would have features like web enabled, multi-user operations and multi-tenancy and other fancy features, while maintaining backwards compatibility.

If Architect is going to take a while, it might make sense to jump start our efforts again :)

At 3Fiftynine impossible is just a challenge

We provide kick-ass products on top of Genesys platforms

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources