PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Screen Pop from Soap Call passing unicode

Posted 06-11-2019 13:27
    ​I have created a screen pop application and I am passing a URL returned from a SOAP request to populate the customer identifier in the URL.  When passing the customer identifier the characters ? and = are translated %3f and %3d.  Any ideas on what I can do to prevent this from happening?
    #Handlers
    #Integrations

------------------------------
    Guy Brown
    QBE Americas, Inc.

• 2.  RE: Screen Pop from Soap Call passing unicode

Posted 06-12-2019 09:39
    Screen pop - are you using IceLib / .NET? If so, the answer is HttpUtility.HtmlDecode().

Ivan Sazonov
    UMA Education, Inc.

• 3.  RE: Screen Pop from Soap Call passing unicode

Posted 06-12-2019 10:03
    Guy,

It's been some time since I did this but you may need to escape the question mark and the equals sign. You should be able to do this with the RegEx tool step. But before you start changing things I would debug the handler and watch the variables to see where the characters are getting changed. I'm pretty sure you will see it happen when the pop is created but lets rule out its not happening upstream.

Assuming the string is fine until you get to the screen pop step then modify the string to add in back slashes before the question mark and the equals sign and see if this fixes the issue. If it does then you know what to do. Note that you may want to look at the IntAttScreenPop.ihd handler as there are some interesting loops in there for escaping out characters, you may be able to just borrow parts of this code instead of making your own.

Thanks,

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. Any suggestions or programming changes I suggest come with no warranty and should be tried at your own risk.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources