Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Call analysis response not functioning as expected

Posted 06-18-2019 01:05
    Hi,
    Ive noticed over the last few weeks that the call analysis function whether that be for language or response from a customer saying hello is not transferring to agents as its intended design. This has seen a decrease in our connection rates which when manually dialing the numbers they connect fine and receive a party at the other end. Recordings have captured the response from the customer but no agent although on-queue and awaiting their next call still fail to reach the agent.

System wrap ups are actioning while the call is in progress with agents saying hello then the system wraps up the call with either a disconnect or failed to reach agent response.

Any other outbound orgs experience or notice the same thing?

Case has been raised

#Outbound
    #Reporting/Analytics
    #Routing(ACD/IVR)
    #SIP/VolP
    #Telephony
    #Unsure/Other

------------------------------
    Darryn Chang
    Stuff Limited
    New Zealand
    2 Years Purecloud

• 2.  RE: Call analysis response not functioning as expected

Posted 06-24-2019 08:42
    Over the last month we have had reports from customers communicating they repeatedly call, hear IVR messaging and as soon as a the IVR messaging is complete the caller is disconnected. If I understand your statement this would be a similar scenario. We have not raised a ticket at this time as we are checking systems on our side. Have you heard any follow up from your ticket with Genesys?

Ray Richardson
    WernerCo
    3 Years PureCloud

Ray Richardson
    Werner

• 3.  RE: Call analysis response not functioning as expected

Posted 06-27-2019 02:25
    No haven't heard anything yet besides an auto response advising my ticket would close if i didnt respond to my own response - lol
    I have provided support with some examples even heard a call recently where the the customer said hello twice before it determined it was a no answer by the dialer. Although we have always operated based on the 2 second rule. I have found of late that a combination of call analysis language and the time to transfer the live voice to agent has increased to a minimum 4-6 seconds before the agent receives the call by which time the customer has terminated leaving the agent wondering if it was a live call or not.

i suppose an option to have more than 1 language would also help

might be a different topic but have also noticed the system wrap up codes, redialling contacts that were deemed as number could not be dialed. which i found strange as we don't have control of the wrap up codes for system related codes. This throws our data team out by attempting to identify if we have dodgy data

Darryn Chang
    Stuff Limited
    New Zealand
    2 Years Purecloud

• 4.  RE: Call analysis response not functioning as expected

Posted 06-28-2019 13:37
    We are new to PureCloud (just went live a week and a half ago!), but this delay is something we noticed in UAT and had many conversations with Genesys about. Just thought I'd share some things they recommended we do: 
    * Remove any outbound flows
    * Input a very short (milliseconds) whisper prompt before the call connects (even if it's just a recording of silence)
    * Turn off the answering machine detection (We did not do this as it defeats the purpose of the predictive dialer)
    * Make sure the agents are asking for the customer right away
    Doing the first two of these things did help some. In reviewing interactions I can still hear some 'hello, hello' from customers before the call passes through to the agent. At this point, I'm not happy with the delay but was told that, short of turning off the AM detect, it is working as expected. They mentioned that in one of their other products (can't remember which one right now), an updated call analysis response was recently implemented that took down to less than a second. It was suggested that means it could be coming to PureCloud but no real timeframe for that was given.

Emily Kammerer
    Ascendium Education Group, Inc.

• 5.  RE: Call analysis response not functioning as expected

Posted 07-01-2019 01:49
    Hi Emily, appreciate your advice. Unfortunately its been like this for the 3 years we have been using Purecloud. The 2 second default isn't ideal but achieves the purpose a time basis considering 2 seconds isn't a very long time but could cost your business money.
    While its been operating for the length of time of using Purecloud in our org, it was something i had picked up on that lately the connection was exceeding the default of 2 seconds. 

I suppose the call analytics references the Australian English and New Zealand English. While they are similar there is accent and pronunciations that can reflect different in the response language. Similar to when you reach a customer who is of neither ethnicity and may have a British accent.

I find we just continue you along, while the impact is low its just something i wanted to raise

Darryn Chang
    Stuff Limited
    New Zealand
    2 Years Purecloud

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources