PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Scripter not creating log files

Posted 06-13-2019 13:23
    Edited by Tyler Style 06-14-2019 09:58
    I've installed #Scripter and have used the #trace Configuration utility to specify a log file directory on a Windows 10 machine.

However, no matter what directory I select or the permissions on it, it is not generating any #log files. I've tried the drive root, inside the actual install directory, my user desktop, etc and assigned all permissions to "Everyone".  There don't appear to be any relevant command line flags to pass for it.

Can anyone give me a tip on how to get this working?
    #PlatformAdministration
    #SystemAdministration
    #Telephony
    #dialer
    #InteractionDialer
    ------------------------------
    Tyler Style
    Interactive Intelligence Engineer, WellCare Health Plans
    ​​​​​​​

• 2.  RE: Scripter not creating log files

Posted 06-18-2019 17:51
    Tyler,

Although rare take a look to see ININ Tracing Initialization XX-Y (where XX is the major version number and Y is the minor version number of the CIC software you have installed on your PC) is running on the PC. I have seen where something gets corrupted and this service can't start and since this service is responsible for logging if it is not running this could explain why you have no logs.

Thanks,

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. Any suggestions or programming changes I suggest come with no warranty and should be tried at your own risk.

• 3.  RE: Scripter not creating log files

Posted 06-19-2019 16:44
    Thanks for the suggestion Mark.  I checked and the service is running.  I am seeing the log "inin_topic_changes" now, which I assume is from the trace utility itself.

Tyler Style

• 4.  RE: Scripter not creating log files

Posted 06-19-2019 08:58
    Two other things to check. 1) Make sure you have at least 5Gb free disk space. 2) Make sure your logging level is up high enough.

Sean Walls

• 5.  RE: Scripter not creating log files

Posted 06-19-2019 16:46
    Thanks Sean.  I had logging up to 10 already, so that shouldn't be it - and even at default levels there should still be a file generated.

I don't have 5GB free on the drive tho, only 1.  Why would that make a difference, however?

Tyler Style

• 6.  RE: Scripter not creating log files

Posted 06-19-2019 16:54
    Logging is disabled when free disk space is below 5Gb. I am not sure if there is a place to change this or not, but having low disk space will disable logging.

Sean Walls

• 7.  RE: Scripter not creating log files

Posted 06-20-2019 15:57
    That did indeed fix the issue Sean - thanks very much for suggesting it, I've been struggling with it for a couple weeks now!

Tyler Style

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources