PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Whisper on-hold time in agent's ear

Posted 03-14-2019 11:43

When an Agent puts a caller on hold, we are being asked to whisper the ongoing hold time in the Agents ear every 30 seconds.   "On-hold 30 seconds", "On hold 60 seconds", etc...

Has anyone done anything similar?   

Thanks for your input!

#Handlers

------------------------------
    Craig Andree
    SECURIAN FINANCIAL NETWORK

• 2.  RE: Whisper on-hold time in agent's ear

Posted 03-14-2019 12:01
    Hi Craig,

You may be able to do it with custom handlers but not too sure how.
    I have done something similar with hold times recently where we now display a hold-timer for each Interaction on Interaction Connect/Desktop. It ticks every 10 seconds to show the agent how much time the call is on hold. This handler is triggered every-time the call is put on hold and resets once it off hold.
    We are also currently working on alerting the agent, as a popup, once the hold goes over x-seconds.

It may not be something you are exactly looking for but maybe a starting point.

Regards
    Vineet

Vineet Kakroo
    FIL Investment Management Ltd

• 3.  RE: Whisper on-hold time in agent's ear

Posted 04-02-2019 10:52
    Thanks for the response Vineet.

How do you display the hold-timer in Interaction Desktop?   Is this a custom handler?

thanks!
    Craig.

Craig Andree
    SECURIAN FINANCIAL NETWORK

• 4.  RE: Whisper on-hold time in agent's ear

Posted 04-02-2019 10:57
    Hi Craig,

Yes it is a custom handler that is initiated by the Call Monitor Initiator, Notification event CallHeld.
    In this handler I update a custom attribute every 10 seconds and this value is then reflected on the screen (Interaction Connect, Interaction Desktop, ICBM) via the custom column that has been set for this new custom attribute.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Vineet Kakroo
    FIL Investment Management Ltd

• 5.  RE: Whisper on-hold time in agent's ear

Posted 05-31-2019 00:00
    You can track state time in a column using eic_eic State but the hold whisper is possible with a custom handler.
    Actually to make it even simpler i  would build a custom hold button that fires the handler. But there are multiple possibilites to achieve this it would all need to be custom handlers or addins though, Nothing right out of the box.

Ryan Hedlund
    Stericycle

• 6.  RE: Whisper on-hold time in agent's ear

Posted 06-03-2019 10:02
    This is a fairly straight forward handler customization.  You can add a hook into CustomOnHoldAudioRandomizationMonitor to send a custom notification to track the held call time.  Set an attribute for that call and then setup a queue column in Interaction Administrator to display that attribute.  You can then add a hook to play a message to the user using Station Audio.  Let me know if you want me to send you an example of what I am referring to.

Steve Owen
    Avtex

• 7.  RE: Whisper on-hold time in agent's ear

Posted 06-03-2019 10:19
      |   view attached
    Here is an example of how this can be accomplished.

Steve Owen
    Avtex

Attachment(s)

zip
    Avtex_CallHoldTimer.zip   198 KB 1 version

• 8.  RE: Whisper on-hold time in agent's ear

Posted 06-07-2019 12:38
    Steve,

I think I could be wrong but isn't call state H for any call that is on hold, including calls which are in ACD Wait Agent status meaning this would be looping around and sending custom notifications for all calls on hold, regardless if they were on hold from an agent putting the call on hold. I think you could get some efficiencies by only invoking the code if the call was put on hold by an agent and adjust the loop so it is not looping every second but is instead initiated only needed every 30 or 60 seconds when we want to notify the agent. Although this handler is real lightweight I would be concerned running it on a server with heavy call load.

Thanks,

Mark

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. Any suggestions or programming changes I suggest come with no warranty and should be tried at your own risk.

• 9.  RE: Whisper on-hold time in agent's ear

Posted 06-07-2019 14:56
    Nope.  The on hold handler on fires with the Eic_State of "H" only when the user or the hold toolstep puts the call.  When it is in queue, the Eic_State is "S" or "O" and the OnHoldRandonmizationMonitor handler does not fire off 

Eic_CallStateString:ACD - Wait Agent
    Eic_State:S
    Eic_CallState:Connected

CallLog:14:39:57: Initializing
    14:39:57: Offering
    14:39:57: ANI: 2101
    14:39:57: DNIS: 1805
    14:39:57: Call answered
    14:39:58: Entered Workgroup Customer Service 1
    14:39:58: Offering
    14:40:05: ACD - Wait Agent

Steve Owen
    Avtex

• 10.  RE: Whisper on-hold time in agent's ear

Posted 06-12-2019 09:12
    Steve,

Thanks for the follow up, I learned something new today. This is strange that the attribute TR doesn't match what the system is displaying as according to the tech reference document S = Dialing, Initializing, Manual Dialing, Station Audio, or Voice Mail-the call object is interacting with the CIC system
    to dial, leave a voice mail, and so on. 

Thanks,

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. Any suggestions or programming changes I suggest come with no warranty and should be tried at your own risk.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources