View Only

Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Email Campaign Dialer Documentation

• 1.  Email Campaign Dialer Documentation

Posted 06-18-2019 03:28
    Hello,

Good Morning.

I was trying to find a documentation on email campaign supported by Pure Connect.

Request you to kindly share the Link for the same 

Regards
    Mirza
    #Outbound

------------------------------
    Mirza Mahboob Baig
    Al Arabiya Systems Engineering (ASE)

• 2.  RE: Email Campaign Dialer Documentation

Posted 06-18-2019 16:35
    Hi Mirza,
    I'm not sure what you mean by "e-mail campaign". While PureConnect can be used for e-mail  interactions with your customers, the primary outbound part of the product (Dialer) is not intended for mass e-mail.
    Perhaps if you could let us know what you are hoping to achieve, we may be able to advise accordingly?

• 3.  RE: Email Campaign Dialer Documentation

Posted 06-19-2019 02:26
    Hi Paul 

Thank you for your response.

Customer requirement is  to have have mass emailing feature i.e. he want to upload a list of email ids and system should send emails to them on schedule date and time. 

Regards
    Mirza

Mirza Mahboob Baig

• 4.  RE: Email Campaign Dialer Documentation

Posted 06-19-2019 11:49
    Mirza,

That is what I was afraid you would say and in which case I don't have good news, I'm afraid (unless, of course, someone has added a feature that I am unaware of!)

PureConnect is not designed for this kind of use-case. Now, using Dialer and some creative use of Policies, you could make it do this, but there are many, many other tools on the market that would be able to do it in a more efficient manner and probably provide a bunch of side benefits that PureConnect can't.

• 5.  RE: Email Campaign Dialer Documentation

Posted 06-20-2019 08:10
    Here si some documentation about it.

Interaction Dialer Manager Help - Email (HTML) behavior type
    Genesys remove preview
    Interaction Dialer Manager Help - Email (HTML) behavior type
    This behavior sends a formatted, HTML-based email message to one or more recipients. It runs on all Outbound Dialer servers participating in the campaign. The message includes a subject and body. Unlike the text-based email behavior, this one contains a separate editor you can use to create email templates containing formatted text and images.
    View this on Genesys >

PureConnect Release Notes - Dialer now supports campaigns that use HTML email

Genesys remove preview
    PureConnect Release Notes - Dialer now supports campaigns that use HTML email
    View this on Genesys >

Mauricio Olivera
    Isbel S.A.

• 6.  RE: Email Campaign Dialer Documentation

Posted 06-20-2019 13:46
    As I stated above, with some creative use of Policies, Dialer can send e-mails, however the purpose of this is not to create an e-mail campaign as such.

Typical use-cases might be to send a confirmation e-mail to a customer who made a payment during a collections (telephone) campaign. Or to send an e-mail to a supervisor when a call meets certain criteria (for example, a big sale).

In other words, the e-mail is sent in addition to the call being placed, not instead of the call.

Also, without a lot of work, you wouldn't be able to track when and if the e-mail was opened. Dedicated mass e-mail software has functionality like this built in.

• 7.  RE: Email Campaign Dialer Documentation

Posted 06-21-2019 08:31

Hello @Paul Simpson, maybe something as described in this KB article (Knowledge Base: How to Send Email With Dialer Campaigns) may be used for what @Mirza Baig needs

https://my.inin.com/products/selfhelp/kb/Lists/KnowledgeBase/DisplayKB.aspx?ID=413

Although I have never used it in production it may be used in combination with HTML email formats​

Раско Радојевић
    Rasko Radojevic

• 8.  RE: Email Campaign Dialer Documentation

Posted 06-21-2019 11:18
    Thanks, Rasko,

Yes, that document (which I hadn't seen) pretty much sums up what I meant when I referred to creative use of Policies. It is worth noting that this was written for a previous version of Dialer / CIC and some of the detail has changed a little, but the principle is still sound.

However, I still maintain that Dialer is the wrong tool for this paticular job. Simply beacause you can do it with Dialer, doesn't mean you should.

There are many features that a dedicated outbound emailer will have that Dialer doesn't, that may be desirable - including (but not limited to) the ability to track the delivery of emails and report on undeliverables and opening of the email - Dialer will simply send the email and that's it, so you don't get the equivalent of a disposition. This may not be important to the OP, but if someone else stumbles across this thred, I want to make sure they don't expect more than Dialer can deliver!

There is also the matter of efficiency. I have no idea if this would be an issue or not, but it is possible that generating what may amount to hundreds of emails in a short space of time could cause problems. Much testing would be needed.

So, IMHO, what it boils down to is this - should you use a hammer to drive in a screw, or go buy a screwdriver?

• 9.  RE: Email Campaign Dialer Documentation

Posted 06-24-2019 06:30
    Thanks Paul & Thanks Rasko,

For sharing the detail information in this regards.

Appreciate your comments

Regards
    Mirza
    Al Arabiya Systems Engineering.

Mirza Mahboob Baig

• 10.  RE: Email Campaign Dialer Documentation

Posted 06-24-2019 11:12
    All I created a policy set that sends SWMY emails (Sorry We Missed You) after the call depending on disposition so this can be done. Then it creates a task in Salesforce showing we sent something. But I would agree with Paul, Dialer isn't the best tool to use to send mass emails. You might want to look into other tools that control and give you better stats/results.

Sheldon Breading-Goodrich
    Financial Engines, Inc.

• 11.  RE: Email Campaign Dialer Documentation

Posted 06-25-2019 03:48
    Hello to all,
    yes we all agree on that Dialer is not meant for such a purpose. That's why I wrote that we never used in production, but rather as demo feature and RFP response.
    However for some very limited functionalities, like @Sheldon Goodrich​ wrote it may be used, but it is more Disposition action than email campaign.

Regards

Раско Радојевић
    Rasko Radojevic

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources