Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  A call is about to go to voicemail but got pickup by an agent

Posted 05-14-2019 01:00
    One of my customers has setup a flow for voicemail. When there is a call in the queue that has been waiting for a while, the caller will have an option to press 9 in order to go to voicemail. Just before the voicemail greeting is finished, there is an agent becomes available and the call is routed to the agent instead of continue onto the voicemail. Is that something normal? How can I prevent an agent to get a call that about to go to voicemail?
    #ArchitectureandDesign
    #Telephony

------------------------------
    Nutthapong Noosaeng
    Project Manager
    UC Connect Co., Ltd. (Thailand)

• 2.  RE: A call is about to go to voicemail but got pickup by an agent

GENESYS
    Posted 05-14-2019 10:15
    Yes that is expected behavior.  The in-queue flow doesn't know that an agent is about to become available and the routing engine doesn't know that the call is about to transfer to voicemail.  You can request a new feature to handle this corner case.  Include how frequently it happens; the window during which this can happen is pretty small.

Melissa Bailey
    Genesys - Employees

• 3.  RE: A call is about to go to voicemail but got pickup by an agent

Posted 05-16-2019 05:49
    Thank you Melissa, I've figured out how to solve it already. I need to use "Transfer to Flow", then create a new Inbound flow to send the call to the voicemail of a Callback queue. The call will be out of the In-queue flow thus it would not be considered as being in the waiting line for that queue. This works like a charm.

Nutthapong Noosaeng
    UC Connect Co Ltd

• 4.  RE: A call is about to go to voicemail but got pickup by an agent

GENESYS
    Posted 05-16-2019 09:55
    I'm glad you figured it out! I thought about mentioning that solution, but didn't get around to it :-)

George Ganahl CCXP, GCA
    Principal Technology Consultant
    Genesys

• 5.  RE: A call is about to go to voicemail but got pickup by an agent

GENESYS
    Posted 06-20-2019 09:49
    Hi Nutthapong,

Thank you for being eager to learn and posting questions here in the community! In the most recent episode of the PureCloud Community Q&A Show@George Ganahl provides an in-depth analysis to your question! Check it out!

Cole Callahan
    Genesys - Employees
    Online Community Coordinator

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources