Certification and Training

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Query for Genesys Cloud Certified Developer

Posted 05-24-2021 16:04
    Dear Team,

I have 2 queries specifically.

1. Can we attempt Genesys Cloud Certified Developer without being certified as a Genesys Cloud Certified Professional ?

2. Genesys Cloud Certified Developer and Genesys Cloud Certified Professional both have 3 certifications but only one is different (Reporting and Analytics for Professsional and Genesys Cloud Certified API Developer for Developer)

So suppose if someone is certified as Genesys Cloud Certified Developer  and wants to be Genesys Cloud Certified Professional does he/she need to re-certifiy for the common modules i.e. Genesys Cloud Certified Professional - Contact Center Administration and Genesys Cloud Certified Professional - Implementation again or only pass the Genesys Cloud Certified Professional - Reporting and Analytics certification to be both a Genesys Cloud Certified Developer and Genesys Cloud Certified Professional ?

Regards,
    Akif Dadan
    #Certification
    #GenesysCloud

------------------------------
    Akif Dadan Dadan
    BTC Networks Saudi Arabia

• 2.  RE: Query for Genesys Cloud Certified Developer

Posted 05-24-2021 18:16
    Hi Akif

From memory - and I'm sure one of the Genesys guys will jump in and correct me :)

To become a certified developer, you need to pass 3 exams initially - 2 that form part of Certified Professional certification, and the one for the API/developer.  So yes, you can do exactly that - get Certified Developer status first.

Then if you want to also become a Certified Professional, you can just sit the Reporting and Analytics exam (providing though that the other certs haven't expired by then).

Vaun McCarthy
    NTT New Zealand Limited

• 3.  RE: Query for Genesys Cloud Certified Developer

GENESYS
    Posted 05-25-2021 02:47
    Hi Akif,

Vaun is right. You may attempt GCD certification without GCP.

The Contact Center Admin and Implementation exams are common to both GCP and GCD. It is sufficient to complete them only once. You may then take up the remaining exam (Reporting and Analytics for GCP or API Developer for GCD).

Feel free to contact us if you have additional questions.

Thanks for answering this question Vaun.

Sheela Sridharan
    Sr. Program Manager - Certification
    Genesys Beyond

• 4.  RE: Query for Genesys Cloud Certified Developer

Posted 05-25-2021 05:09
    Great... Thank you very much for the help.

Akif Dadan Dadan
    BTC Networks Saudi Arabia

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources