View Only
Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

COVID19 - Certification Updates

• 1.  COVID19 - Certification Updates

GENESYS
    Posted 03-19-2020 09:40

Hi all,

COVID-19 has had a severe impact on our personal and professional lives. Genesys is committed to protecting your health and safety during these tough times.

Kryterion, our testing partner, has closed about 30% of its global testing centers. You may view the list of closed testing centers here. This list gets updated every 24 hours.

If you have scheduled a test at the testing center for this month, you may either change it to an online exam or reschedule it for a later date. If you want to reschedule your exam 72 hours before the exam start time, you may do so yourself. If you need to cancel/reschedule your exam within the 72-hour window, you may directly contact Kryterion Tester Support. Please note that you will not be charged any reschedule/cancellation fees.

We are extending all exam vouchers that are due to expire in March and April 2020 by three months. Besides, we are temporarily relaxing the webcam requirements for online exams. From March 23rd, you may use your laptop webcam to take up online exams. There is no need for an external webcam.  

If you require any assistance from us, please contact our support team, and we're more than happy to help. Rest assured that we are here to support you! Stay healthy 😊

Regards,

Certifications

Genesys University

certification@genesys.com

#Certification

------------------------------
    Sheela Sridharan
    Program Manager - Certifications
    Genesys University

• 2.  RE: COVID19 - Certification Updates

Posted 04-02-2020 13:03
    Good initiative on Certification standpoint as many of the Genesys users would have scheduled the exams. I have a question on scheduling it from WebAccessor website. 

Below two exams are showing "Registration for this exam is only allowed from 01/02/2019 to 03/31/2020."

What if somebody has vouchers for it and expiring in a couple of months, how they can schedule the exam?

1. Genesys e-Services 8 Consultant (GCP8-ESV-810 / GCP8-ESV-810e).
    2. Genesys Outbound Voice 8 Consultant (GCP8-COV-808 / GCP8-COV-808e).

Kamal Goswami
    Insurance Corporation of British Co

• 3.  RE: COVID19 - Certification Updates

GENESYS
    Posted 04-02-2020 13:18
    Hi Kamal,

We are in the process of cleaning up our exam catalog and archiving some of our old exams, especially version 8 exams. Therefore, no further registrations to these exams are permitted.

You may use the vouchers to sign up for other exams of your choice. You may feel free to email me regarding this.

Sheela Sridharan
    Genesys University

• 4.  RE: COVID19 - Certification Updates

Posted 04-02-2020 13:36
    Hi Sheela,

Thank You for your prompt response. I will get in touch with you over email.

Kamal Goswami
    Insurance Corporation of British Co

• 5.  RE: COVID19 - Certification Updates

Posted 09-23-2020 04:49
    Hi Sheela 
    you wrote : 

"From March 23rd, you may use your laptop webcam to take up online exams. There is no need for an external webcam.  " 
    Also now is this the rule? No external webcam also in this moment? 
    I want to take an exam in this week and I must understand if I need to have an external webcam or not. 

Thanks 
    Have a nice day

Mirko Paolessi
    TechneValue GmbH

• 6.  RE: COVID19 - Certification Updates

GENESYS
    Posted 09-23-2020 15:00
    Hi Mirko,

Considering the current situation, we are extending the webcam relaxation until the end of the year. We will be sending out an announcement on this soon.

Sheela Sridharan
    Genesys Beyond

• 7.  RE: COVID19 - Certification Updates

Posted 09-23-2020 15:26
    Ok , thanks. 
    so if I schedule an exam on this Friday (25th September), it will be not necessary to have an external webcam, right? Can i do the exam without? (it's important to know because actually I don't have it...) 

Best Regards

Mirko Paolessi
    TechneValue GmbH

• 8.  RE: COVID19 - Certification Updates

GENESYS
    Posted 09-24-2020 02:30
    Hi Mirko,

That's correct. You don't require an external Webcam for online proctored exams until the end of the year.

Sheela Sridharan
    Genesys Beyond

• 9.  RE: COVID19 - Certification Updates

Posted 09-25-2020 10:53
    Edited by Rafal Gaworski 09-25-2020 10:54
    Hi, wrote you a story about my experience. 

Yesterday I took one exam and it was stopped by Kryterion Support team, I got information that they can not see my camera video so they need to stopped my exam. Support engineer told me that i need close exam and do some procedure. He told me that i got it already on my email - obviously i cant be Shure that I got it because i left my mobile in my place (one of requests "clear desk"). I trust them and close my exam. 

I look on my Outlook but i didn't get any new emails. i try restart my exam but I cant do it. I try call to Exam Support. Tool free number is not valid, number on the web page is in national format instead international So you need call to US and add 001 prefix for paid number, but you hear IVR message that is not longer used - you must contact with Support by ticket on they web page. 
    On exam web page you have as well email for contact in some issue - i do it and till now i didn't get any responds. 
    On kryteriom support page I fill the from and I get feedback information that they have 72h for responds. (my exam is still in progres i lose about 20 minutes and i can't re-start it).
    I found chat session on they web page and i wait in queue, I explain everything and support team restart my session from this same point (issue occur on first question) and i should have this same 120 minutes. 
    I successful login to Kryterion and start it once more time. 

Loading question form it took longer that it should be and it is not responsive (adapt to resolution) some question should be zoom in some zoom out (depends on resolution). 
    The form it took more time to load than in the past - probably all content is loading from one place Kryterion HQ

My co-worker have got at home 300MBps internet connection but when the pandemic occur it was not enough to get exam, support team told him taht the ping and delay is too big and recommend to start it from office (at office we had only 96 MBps) his exam took 4 hours (was stoped many time)

Some advice on the end:

• Grab your Camera - in any case (one of my USB cam was not working on test page - check it before)
    • Connect by cable with really good internet connection - probably the internet delay is not on your connection if you base in UE. Remained that you take exam in US - know it looks strange nowadays but even that they have remote location in my town they didn't serve contact from multiple locations. 
    • In any case contact with Kryterion support by chat only (my experience show that is the best working option) on below web page.
    https://kryterion.force.com/support/s/?language=en_US

@Sheela Sridharan Please check what Genesys can do to update on exam page and correct phone numbers it there is a way to contact them immediately. If not add option to contact they Support by chat or other working communication channel. (example https://kryterion.force.com/support/s/?language=en_US )

BTW. I recommend a review a questions base for Core ICEE and Dialer as well. In next week I schedule a second part of ICEE exam. 

@Mirko Paolessi or @Mirko Paolessi (probably you have two account i dodnt know witch one is correct) 
    I keep my finger crossed for your today exam.

RAFAŁ GAWORSKI
    Telefonix Sp. Z o.o

• 10.  RE: COVID19 - Certification Updates

GENESYS
    Posted 09-25-2020 11:38
    Hi Rafal,

I am sorry to hear about all the inconvenience you faced during your exam. Here are the clarifications to some of your questions.

Due to the impact of COVID-19, Kryterion has stopped phone support. You may notice that the phone numbers are no longer included in the exam confirmation mails. As you have rightly pointed out, for any issues before or during an exam, you may contact their 24 x 7 support team via Webchat on the following page (Click the Chat with an Expert button on the bottom-left of the page):

https://kryterion.force.com/support/s/?language=en_US

As for the question page loading slowly, this may be due to the Internet speed issue. However, please note that after you complete a question and move to the next page, the timer is paused until the next question loads fully. While this may be time-consuming, users don't lose out on the exam time.

You may check out the ICCE exam study guide here:

Please take up the exam, and let us know of any feedback you may have. All the best :)

https://rise.articulate.com/share/L8gEYwUahDHnor6ZselNbPFGm5QnhIQB#/

Sheela Sridharan
    Genesys Beyond

• 11.  RE: COVID19 - Certification Updates

Posted 05-13-2021 15:27
    Hi Sheela,

I will be taking a exam next week May 19, 2021. Do I need an external webcam now or has the relaxing of the rule extended to 2021

Thanks

Daniel Tuan
    Aria Solutions

• 12.  RE: COVID19 - Certification Updates

Posted 01-20-2022 07:51
    Hi Sheela!
    Just in case, you wouldn't know if this exception (... "we are temporarily relaxing the webcam requirements for online exams. From March 23rd, you may use your laptop webcam to take up online exams. There is no need for an external webcam".... ) is still available for 2022?

Thanks in advance!
    Have a nice day

Val Appleyard
    Know How SA

• 13.  RE: COVID19 - Certification Updates

GENESYS
    Posted 01-20-2022 13:41
    Hi Val,

There is no need for an external webcam until March 31, 2022. Kindly check out the following page for important certification announcements:

https://beyond.genesys.com/explore/announcement/genesys-technical-certifications-important-announcement

Sheela Sridharan
    Sr. Program Manager - Certification
    Genesys Beyond

• 14.  RE: COVID19 - Certification Updates

Posted 01-20-2022 14:46

Great!

Thank you!

Val Appleyard
    Know How SA

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources