Genesys Casual

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Xperience 20 - Are you planning on going?

Posted 03-08-2020 20:26
    If Genesys still plans to hold Xperience 20, how many of you think they would still go?  Interested in hearing things along these lines:

• Will your company allow you to travel to the event?
    • Do you have health concerns about traveling to events like this?
    • Do you think it will be worth the trip?  If so, why?
    • What would be one thing you would hope to get out of the event?
    • How many people from your company are you planning on sending?
    • Do you think the event will be larger, smaller, or about the same as 18 or 19?

This is totally not a Genesys sponsored post.  We at Avtex have been met with these questions about many other shows and not sure what we are doing about Xperience 20 as well.  I am just very hopeful the show will go on and it will be well attended.  What do you think?

Thanks all for your replies.

Robert
    #CXLife(Xperience19,IndustryDiscussion,etc.)
    #Events
    #General

------------------------------
    Robert Wakefield-Carl
    Avtex Solutions, LLC
    Contact Center Innovation Architect
    robertwc@avtex.com
    https://www.Avtex.com
    https://RobertWC.Blogspot.com

• 2.  RE: Xperience 20 - Are you planning on going?

Posted 03-09-2020 07:36
    FCA will not be attending this year.  Travel has been suspended unless absolutely necessary.  The biggest thing I was hoping to get out this event was to speak directly with many Genesys users (as well as Genesys staff themselves) to see how others are using the system.  One-on-one meetings are fine if you have a defined path, but being in a crowd of users, a fly on the wall can pick up so much more insight and ideas never thought of.  I'm always looking to improve the customer experience and provide effective self-service so understanding how others use Genesys to achieve the 'Art of the Possible' top priority.

Maybe Genesys can turn the event into on-line sessions / webinars so many can join remotely.  Just will miss out on all the swag.

Cheers!

Davide Giglio
    FCA US LLC

• 3.  RE: Xperience 20 - Are you planning on going?

Posted 03-09-2020 07:56
    Same here for Conduent (europe), we only travel in case of urgent need. 

Maybe Genesys should postpone until everything is back to normal?
    I know from multiple big European companies that their staff is not allowed to travel at all.

:(

R.

Rogier Bosch

• 4.  RE: Xperience 20 - Are you planning on going?

Posted 03-09-2020 08:37
    I did have a conversation with our account representative on Friday about this topic.  I have been advised that, while discussions are under way, no decisions have yet been made.  Thus far, my company has not placed any travel restrictions, but that could be subject to change.

As a client who just migrated to PureConnect Cloud - only to find that the product is no longer being sold, there are still many questions about what the "support model" will look like as time progresses.  I'd like to ask more probing questions as to what the future holds for PCC customers.

The last time I went to a Genesys conference was back in 2016, so I am way overdue.  I learned so much during that event and met some great people who shared a lot of great details about best practice.  If the event is postponed for the year, I would like to see more virtual events, in lieu of the conference.

#CXLife(Xperience19,IndustryDiscussion,etc.)
    #Events
    #General

Barry Farrington
    PureConnect Administrator
    Long Term Care Partners, LLC

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources