Genesys Casual

View Only

Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Discussion Post Notifications

• 1.  Discussion Post Notifications

Posted 06-03-2019 12:12
    Is there a way to receive an email notification from the community when a new discussion topic is posted?  If so how?
    #CommunityQuestions(Contest,Community,etc.)

------------------------------
    Mike Spiegel
    TEC Services Group, Inc.

• 2.  RE: Discussion Post Notifications
    Best Answer

GENESYS
    Posted 06-03-2019 12:27
    Hey Mike,

Thanks for the question. There are a few options here: 

1. From your profile, under the "My Account" tab, there are two options "Email Preferences" and "Community Notifications" 

You want to make sure that your "Email Preferences" are set to receive "Community Emails"

From the "Community Notifications" you want to make sure you are set to receive digests (on your preferred schedule). This will provide you regular updates.

2. Additionally, you can "follow" individual posts by starring them. This will allow you to receive notifications when a reply has been added. 

Let us know if you have any questions.

Cheers,

Matt Lawson
    Genesys - Employees
    Online Community Manager

• 3.  RE: Discussion Post Notifications

Posted 06-03-2019 12:36
    Matt,

That's exactly what I have setup; but I don't see new posts sent to my email account.  Any other ideas?

Thanks

Mike Spiegel
    TEC Services Group, Inc.

• 4.  RE: Discussion Post Notifications

GENESYS
    Posted 06-03-2019 12:57
    @Mike Spiegel, did you receive a notification about me @ mentioning you or replying to one of your posts? If not, then you might want to check your spam folder ​​or speak with your IT team to make sure the community's email account - mail@connectedcommunity.org is white listed. The latitude community has not had a post for a few days, so you may not have missed anything.

Matt Lawson
    Genesys - Employees
    Online Community Manager

• 5.  RE: Discussion Post Notifications

Posted 06-03-2019 14:03
    Matt,

I am receiving the emails from mail@connectedcommunity.org regarding this posting, which is what I was trying to convey earlier that I get message from postings that I participate in, but not from the others.   For example, Jennifer Heinzel posted a discussion topic this morning, and then shortly afterwards John Everman replied to it.  I didn't get any notifications about that.   Those are the notifications I am looking for to see if this message board has the ability to send out.

Thanks

Mike Spiegel
    TEC Services Group, Inc.

• 6.  RE: Discussion Post Notifications

GENESYS
    Posted 06-04-2019 00:34
    Edited by George Ganahl 06-04-2019 00:34
    Just double checking...did you select the option Personalized Digest & Real-Time Discussion Emails for each community you want to monitor? Not just the Personalized Digest option?

George Ganahl CCXP, GCP
    Principal Technology Consultant
    Genesys

• 7.  RE: Discussion Post Notifications

GENESYS
    Posted 06-04-2019 09:10
    I checked this yesterday. He is subscribed to the option you recommended. My thoughts are below.

Matt Lawson
    Genesys - Employees
    Online Community Manager

• 8.  RE: Discussion Post Notifications

GENESYS
    Posted 06-04-2019 09:09
    @Mike Spiegel,

I was thinking about this more yesterday.

1. I wanted to see if you received the "Personalized Digest for Latitude" last night. If so, that means you are receiving the daily summary emails - which are typically sent during the evenings here on EST.
    2. ​A keyword in the email options is that they are "Summary" emails based on interests that you have added to your profile or the community has observed. Here is an example of my interests:

Yesterday, Cole and I checked and verified that instant notifications are being sent. If you missed one, it may be because it was tagged with something that you have not been marked as having an "interest" in. You can add your own interests or comment on and like posts so that the system will automatically recognize you.

We'll keep an eye on this issue. I checked and as of now no bugs have been opened with our vendor and the system is working as designed. 

Thanks,

Matt

Matt Lawson
    Genesys - Employees
    Online Community Manager

• 9.  RE: Discussion Post Notifications

Posted 06-04-2019 09:18
    Matt,

I checked with with team over here and they have an additional menu item in their drop down menu on their profile called "Topic Notifications", which I don't have.   Can you take another look at my profile?

Thanks

Mike Spiegel
    TEC Services Group, Inc.

• 10.  RE: Discussion Post Notifications

GENESYS
    Posted 06-04-2019 09:32
    I believe those are the "Community Notificaitons" that I mention in my first response and you are good. Did you receive the nightly summary? 

Matt Lawson
    Genesys - Employees
    Online Community Manager

• 11.  RE: Discussion Post Notifications

Posted 06-04-2019 09:48
    Yes; I'm getting the nightly summary.  I don't receive the real-time notifications of when someone makes a new post. I am receiving the real-time notifications of this chain, but not on chains where I'm not involved.

Mike Spiegel
    TEC Services Group, Inc.

• 12.  RE: Discussion Post Notifications

GENESYS
    Posted 06-04-2019 09:55
    Yeah. Sorry this is happening. I can verify that real-time notifications are being sent. My only thought is that it's because the real-time notifications are looking for interests (as discussed above) and don't match your profile. Nothing my team and I can do at this moment. Feel free to state your interest in all of the Latitude topics and if you still don't receive real-time notifications an hour or so after the post is created we can file a bug.

Matt Lawson
    Genesys - Employees
    Online Community Manager

• 13.  RE: Discussion Post Notifications

GENESYS
    Posted 06-04-2019 10:26
    Hey Mike,

To add more clarity. Here are the tags that were used in the post that you missed an instant notification from:
    Here are the tags that you are subscribed to:

Your Observed interests look similar to the topics that were used, but they are different. For instance "Desktop V10" (your observed interest) vs "DesktopV10" (Latitude topic). Your observed interest is from another community, not sure which one. My guess is that you need to have a stated or observed interest in the Latitude topic to receive the instant notification. 

You can find the community's topics when you try starting a discussion post and select a topic from the list. 

Hope this helps.

Matt Lawson
    Genesys - Employees
    Online Community Manager

• 14.  RE: Discussion Post Notifications

Posted 06-04-2019 11:01
    Matt,

That helps; thanks for clarifying.  I added it to my profile.  I'll let you know if I still have issues or not.  

Thanks

Mike Spiegel
    TEC Services Group, Inc.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources