Genesys Multicloud

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Incident Notification

Posted 09-30-2019 09:31
    Edited by Matt Lawson 09-13-2022 10:05
    We were notified of an incident last Friday regarding Feature Server.  Does anyone know what that is and which specific components that impacted?  Per the PureEngage Cloud status page nothing correlates to that.

Starting with release 8.1.2, SIP Voicemail Server has been renamed to SIP Feature Server; All SIP Feature Server instances in a deployment must run exclusively on Linux or exclusively on Windows. A mixed environment is not supported.

Is it safe to assume it is the SIP Feature Server?

#System Administration
    #Unsure/Other

------------------------------
    Glen Stengel

• 2.  RE: Incident Notification

Posted 09-30-2019 12:21
    Edited by Kevin Brown 01-17-2020 16:47

• 3.  RE: Incident Notification

Posted 09-30-2019 13:15
    I'm not sure of the specific components but this outage hit us very hard.  We first lost VoiceMail access from WWE, then a short while later could not dial out then all inbound calls started queuing and would not deliver to any agent (hard and soft phone). 

Our primary site is USE1, moving to emergency (USW1) did not help, we were completely down for about an hour.  Now just waiting for the official root cause.

Davide Giglio
    FCA US LLC

• 4.  RE: Incident Notification

Posted 10-03-2019 10:45
    Edited by Kevin Brown 01-17-2020 16:47

• 5.  RE: Incident Notification

Posted 10-03-2019 10:59
    Yes I agree something is not reported correctly there.  We definitely were not getting any queued calls for about an hour; moving to Emergency did not help either.  This is particularly concerning - redundancy was lost.  I am waiting for a Root Cause and depending on what it says will escalate to leadership for corrective action.

Davide Giglio
    FCA US LLC

• 6.  RE: Incident Notification

Posted 10-04-2019 10:45
    Thank you Kevin and Davide for you inputs.  I also agree about the concern with the disclaimer giving them great wiggle room.  Per our TAM the RCA process is typically 7 business days from the day of the incident and we should expect to see it on or before 10/8.

Glen Stengel
    Eventus Solutions Group

• 7.  RE: Incident Notification

Posted 01-17-2020 17:18

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources