Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Carriers - Bring your own

• 1.  Carriers - Bring your own

Posted 11-16-2019 21:41
    Edited by Kevin Brown 01-17-2020 16:44

• 2.  RE: Carriers - Bring your own

Posted 11-19-2019 20:39
    We contracted with Verizon for all our lines in/out of Genesys.  We have two circuits, one to Ashburn and one to San Jose for redundancy.  They have been pretty reliable, but, we as everyone else, are susceptible to that 'last mile', and whomever provides that piece.

------------------------------
    Davide Giglio
    FCA US LLC

• 3.  RE: Carriers - Bring your own

Posted 11-20-2019 23:17
    Edited by Kevin Brown 01-17-2020 15:05

• 4.  RE: Carriers - Bring your own

Posted 11-27-2019 09:05
    Hi Kevin

This is an interesting thread. We use AT&T for Ashburn and San Jose, but apparently the last mile we have L3 which I believe Equinix who manages the data centers uses?  I'm not even sure we were given any choice on this, when we first partnered with Genesys ( before my time). Now we're having a huge fight because Genesys is shutting down the data center where our cage is located and we can't get AT&T and Genesys/Equinix/L3 to extend our circuit 1.5 miles to the new location! Shut down of the location is Dec 21st and the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing and it was Genesys who is forcing us to move cage locations. Now we are at risk of having only San Jose ( emergency) as our only connection. This has been ongoing since the beginning of the year.

The other issue is that I have found a bunch of our circuits are default routing via San Jose, instead of Ashburn and I was told by Genesys that apparently provisioning is done by L3, so I have to contact them to fix it. How can I even do that, considering we don't have the partnership with them, since it's "not our circuit?" 

So frustrating

Monique Morel-Peseski
    Messer Canada Inc.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources