Genesys Multicloud

View Only

Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Migration from Engage Cloud to Genesys Cloud

• 1.  Migration from Engage Cloud to Genesys Cloud

Posted 02-23-2021 10:34
    Looking for anyone who has moved or is moving from Engage Cloud to Genesys Cloud, either forced or self-initiated that would be willing to discuss issues they are facing or have faced during the migration.
    #Implementation
    #Unsure/Other

------------------------------
    Byron Nelson
    Customer Operations System Administrator
    OGE Energy Corp
    Customer using PureEngage Cloud since 2015

• 2.  RE: Migration from Engage Cloud to Genesys Cloud

Posted 02-24-2021 02:33
    Interesting to join discussion, we are on Engage Cloud.

Vincent Sabolboro
    ATB Financial

• 3.  RE: Migration from Engage Cloud to Genesys Cloud

Posted 02-25-2021 11:03
    Beginning the process and would like to stay aware of others migration successes and challenges.

Stan Prushinski
    Travelers

• 4.  RE: Migration from Engage Cloud to Genesys Cloud

Posted 02-25-2021 21:54
    We are on Engage Cloud and very interested to hear why the move to Genesys Cloud.    I have been looking for Pros and Cons comparison.

Davide Giglio
    FCA US LLC

• 5.  RE: Migration from Engage Cloud to Genesys Cloud

Posted 03-17-2021 11:32
    Our contract is coming up and Genesys is keen on moving more customers to GC.
    I like the flexibility of GC, in that you don't have to keep paying PS to implement new services. I can do it myself
    - Licensing is by tiers ( I, II, III) we are going with Tier II, which has available out of box reporting, voice, chat, email, outbound, callback, QM recording, transcription and sentiment* (*English only at this point)  
    Genesys Cloud Pricing | Genesys

They're pouring most of their R&D into PC as well. 
    I also like the "one stop shopping" page. No more having to switch between tiles to get to what I need

**We had a demo GC created for us to play with so not everything was configured**
    from what I've seen, it's not as robust in some areas. 
    eg reporting customization
    Nice gui that Designer has is now replaced with Visio like flow and API calls ( it's very ugly IMHO)
    In Designer, you can see the interactions and see the call progress, what the customer selected, blocks, success or fails, etc. for troubleshooting. I have not seen that detail granularity at this point in GC.

Monique
    System Administrator
    Messer LLC

• 6.  RE: Migration from Engage Cloud to Genesys Cloud

Posted 04-15-2021 10:26
    Hi Monique - could you explain what you mean when you say reporting customization is not as robust?

My company is on PureConnect Cloud right now and we are considering GC as a possible alternative.  From what I've seen, the reporting is FAR more robust than what is currently available in PCC, but again, I'm not familiar with how Engage provides data for reports.  I'd like to better understand what gaps you may have found.  Is it data-specific, functionality/usability-specific or both?

Thanks in advance!

Barry Farrington
    PureConnect Cloud Administrator
    FedPoint
    fedpointusa.com

• 7.  RE: Migration from Engage Cloud to Genesys Cloud

Posted 04-15-2021 10:45

Barry,

Engage is the cloud version of Genesys' long term product that has evolved over 25 years with reporting as a core competency for large call centers.  For customization, I've used the Infomart datamart for every possible combination of data for reporting any business would need.

Cloud and PCC come from ININ and they were addressing a different market, so reporting capabilities have never been near Engage's.  Will they evolve over time? I would hope that Genesys brings an Infomart to Cloud, but there is no guarantee.

Regarding screen recording and Monique's comments, here is the part of the statement you referenced that discusses the need for the fat client rather than browser for Cloud. Engage records everything, even when using a browser.

• Screen recording is only available for the Genesys Cloud desktop apps during ACD interactions. If agents use the web app or take a non-ACD interaction, Genesys Cloud does not record their screens.

• 8.  RE: Migration from Engage Cloud to Genesys Cloud

Posted 04-15-2021 10:54
    Hi Kevin - as of now, we have to use SQL data tables to provision all of our data reports, as the canned reports just don't give us what we need.  From all of the online videos and webinars that I have seen thus far, it appears that the reporting capability has some definite promise.  Of course, with more elaborate reports, I will agree that it may not meet those needs.

As for the screen recording, I do understand the difference between the desktop app vs accessing GC via the web.  What I was questioning was the statement about needing BOTH the desktop app AND screen recording software.  My presumption was that the screen recording functionality was most likely packaged within the app, which is why the statement confused me.

Barry Farrington
    FedPoint
    fedpointusa.com

• 9.  RE: Migration from Engage Cloud to Genesys Cloud

Posted 04-14-2021 19:51

I agree with Monique on all points.

I will add that GC is more of a Hybrid PBX with ACD while PEC is a pure ACD.  In my last role, we had a new robust PBX, so there were <200 staff who needed the hybrid while 4,000 were fine with the pure ACD.

On the ACD side, I hope that they bring GC callbacks up to the functionality of PEC, I see a major gap there and needs to be considered if your organization frequently uses CBs. Just one example, no auto answer of CBs in GC.   Very weird and outdated view of CBs from that side of the org.

• 10.  RE: Migration from Engage Cloud to Genesys Cloud

Posted 03-17-2021 11:13
    We have just signed our SOW to move from Engage cloud to GC.
    We don't have a lot of fancy bells and whistles, just voice right now with REST API into WWE for customer info
    We are also bringing our U.S. counterparts into GC (from Avaya). One Org, but two divisions
    We'll be using GC AWS telephony so porting may be interesting and not sure how WebRTC will behave over VPN

- I understand reporting is not the best in GC and not very customizable at this point. Too bad they can't use GCXI as well. 
    - not looking forward to trying to extract all of our historical data
    - not sure what we're doing about our recordings at this point ( only keep 6 months worth)

Will keep you posted on how it goes and any hurdles

Monique
    System Administrator
    Messer LLC

• 11.  RE: Migration from Engage Cloud to Genesys Cloud

Posted 04-15-2021 09:25
    Genesys Cloud Reference Forum and Alberta Motor Association was the presenter, during the discussion one of the panel mentioned that screen recording is only available on Genesys Cloud application and not on browser.

Vincent Sabolboro
    ATB Financial

• 12.  RE: Migration from Engage Cloud to Genesys Cloud

Posted 04-15-2021 09:37
    Hi Vincent

I understood that to be the case as well. Makes it more challenging since the app needs updating, which means we'll have to manage it.
    We will probably start with WebRTC and pilot the app 1st to get the kinks out our software deployment tool.

Thanks for the information!

Monique
    System Administrator
    Messer LLC

• 13.  RE: Migration from Engage Cloud to Genesys Cloud

Posted 04-15-2021 11:23
    I was going to ask about processes for ensuring the desktop app is pushed to all agents.  It appears the desktop app gets updated at various times throughout the year.  I'm just wondering if anyone working in a system admin capacity has developed a workflow process to ensure they are notified of updates, so that the updates can pushed out in a controlled manner via local IT partnership.  I'm not comfortable with agents doing a "check for update" and then trying to update the app themselves.

Barry Farrington
    FedPoint
    fedpointusa.com

• 14.  RE: Migration from Engage Cloud to Genesys Cloud

Posted 04-15-2021 09:50
    What do you mean by "screen recording is only available on Genesys Cloud application and not on browser" ?    What is the "Genesys Cloud application" - is this the Genesys softphone?   

Davide Giglio
    FCA US LLC

• 15.  RE: Migration from Engage Cloud to Genesys Cloud

Posted 04-15-2021 09:58

This is installed app on your agent machines to manage their Interactions and different from softphone. 

https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/desktop-app/

Vincent Sabolboro
    ATB Financial

• 16.  RE: Migration from Engage Cloud to Genesys Cloud

Posted 04-15-2021 09:58
    Hi Davide

There's the WebRTC phone via the browser it does not work with the desktop screen recording software.
    There's an actual agent desktop  software that needs to be installed that works along with the screen recording software.

Monique
    System Administrator
    Messer LLC

• 17.  RE: Migration from Engage Cloud to Genesys Cloud

Posted 04-15-2021 10:33
    Hi Monique - I'm confused about this statement.  From what I have read in the GC resource center, it mentions nothing about needing the desktop app AND additional screen recording software.

I'm looking at the information here:

https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/screen-recording-overview/

Barry Farrington
    FedPoint
    fedpointusa.com

• 18.  RE: Migration from Engage Cloud to Genesys Cloud

Posted 04-15-2021 11:04
    Hi Barry

That might have been my mistake on the separate screen recording software requirement. I came from an Avaya background and that required a separate client. I believe you are correct that it's all included in the desktop client.

Sorry to have caused confusion

Monique
    System Administrator
    Messer LLC

• 19.  RE: Migration from Engage Cloud to Genesys Cloud

Posted 04-15-2021 11:10
    Thanks Monique!

I'm in the middle of doing a viability study between PCC and GC and want to be sure that I am communicating the correct information to my management team.

The clarification is very much appreciated!  :-)

Barry Farrington
    FedPoint
    fedpointusa.com

• 20.  RE: Migration from Engage Cloud to Genesys Cloud

Posted 04-15-2021 11:34
    Barry
     Check out the resource center info - link below
    Deploy the desktop app (admin) - Genesys Cloud Resource Center (mypureclouhttps://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/deploy-the-desktop-app-admin/d.com)

Monique
    System Administrator
    Messer LLC

• 21.  RE: Migration from Engage Cloud to Genesys Cloud

Posted 04-15-2021 11:38

Hi Barry,

In the link you provided, I found something on the notes related to screen recording, desktop app and web app. Please see below

Notes:

• Screen recording is only available for the Genesys Cloud desktop apps during ACD interactions. If agents use the web app or take a non-ACD interaction, Genesys Cloud does not record their screens.

Vincent Sabolboro
    ATB Financial

• 22.  RE: Migration from Engage Cloud to Genesys Cloud

Posted 04-15-2021 11:50
    Thanks, again this was very helpful.  I somehow missed this page in my review of the resource center.

Just curious - do you or anyone else know if there is a limitation in the number of versions you can be behind and still have the app work properly (unless the update contains some major bug fix)?

Barry Farrington
    FedPoint
    fedpointusa.com

• 23.  RE: Migration from Engage Cloud to Genesys Cloud

Posted 04-15-2021 12:01
    Does this 'Desktop App' replace the WWE (Agent Desktop) or are these two different.  For PEC we have software installed on each PC to facilitate the screen recording , does this go away in Cloud?

I've asked numerous time and various people for a comprehensive analysis between Cloud and Engage Cloud and have received very little documentation, mainly anecdotal comments about each.  I too would like to know the Pro/Con of moving to Cloud - it seems to be a very big savings to move to Cloud.

Davide Giglio
    FCA US LLC

• 24.  RE: Migration from Engage Cloud to Genesys Cloud

Posted 04-15-2021 19:29

Yes, the desktop app replaces WWE. In Cloud, it only records the Cloud interactions unlike Engage where you get all of the other apps a CSR uses.

Also, none of the comments here mention VDI deployments.  If you have them and are considering Cloud, ask many questions about screen recording.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources