Genesys Multicloud

View Only
Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Is anyone using CXContact

• 1.  Is anyone using CXContact

Posted 05-10-2021 18:00
    Curious if anyone is using CXContact and if so, are you using it for voice?
    #Outbound

• 2.  RE: Is anyone using CXContact

Posted 05-11-2021 08:12
    Hey Kevin - 

Yes, we have been using CX Contact.

I am happy to answer any questions you have about it. 

We are running about 2 million calls a year through it.

------------------------------
    Austin Brigham
    WHIRLPOOL CORPORATION

• 3.  RE: Is anyone using CXContact

Posted 05-11-2021 09:12

Hi Austin,

We are also trying to moving to CXContact, our 1st issue is report? the system does not include call reports or we just do not know where do find the report.

How do you generate reports for each campaign? Also, during our test calls, experience is inconsistent some mobile numbers will receive the calls successfully and others will receive the call just dead-air. 

Are you also using CXcontact for SMS campaign? we have not started our SMS testing since we are still trying to complete our voice testing. 

Vincent Sabolboro
    ATB Financial

• 4.  RE: Is anyone using CXContact

Posted 05-11-2021 11:18
    Hi Vincent - 

Reporting for the results of the campaign success is best measured through the campaign reports in GCXI.

As you are deploying a new application, you do experience some dead air calls, until the application is loaded on the back end, normally about 15 minutes.  This isn't specific to CX Contact though.  This is for all voice routing calls.

I would recommend checking in designer analytics to see what is happening with the call.  If it is a dead air call and not in designer analytics, then it hasn't received the new application build yet.

Austin Brigham
    WHIRLPOOL CORPORATION

• 5.  RE: Is anyone using CXContact

Posted 05-11-2021 11:38

Thank you Austin, for now we are only using CXContact informational and does not route to an application.  Once the caller answers they will hear a recorded message. 

I can check if reports will be available in GCXI even if we are not routing the calls to an application. 

Vincent Sabolboro
    ATB Financial

• 6.  RE: Is anyone using CXContact

Posted 05-11-2021 12:02
    Hmm, when you say CX Contact informational, on the treatments tab, are you using a scripting treatment?

either way the calls are being made by OCS, so they should be recorded in GIM.

Austin Brigham
    WHIRLPOOL CORPORATION

• 7.  RE: Is anyone using CXContact

Posted 05-11-2021 13:13
    Let me check the settings and will get back to you

Vincent Sabolboro
    ATB Financial

• 8.  RE: Is anyone using CXContact

Posted 05-11-2021 09:34
    Thanks Austin.  What is your experience with detecting voice mail and the ability to leave messages?  I've been working with an organization that hasn't been able to do this in their extensive testing across many carriers and it has held back their moving to CXContact.

• 9.  RE: Is anyone using CXContact

Posted 05-11-2021 11:26
    Hey Kevin - 

Very few complaints of that over the years.  Just to be sure you have configured a DN application to handle leaving a voicemail right?  this is on the treatments tab of the campaign group - its slightly different if you are using device escalation, but I think it's intuitive enough to see once you are on that screen.

The other place you can control answering machine detection settings is on the advanced tab for the campaign group.  I find to use the Answer type recognition: "Accurate AM Detection" to be the one I liked best.  Here is the documentation for the different answering types.  https://docs.genesys.com/Documentation/CXC/Current/CXCHelp/PacingOptions#Advanced_Dialing_Options

If you haven't dealt with these before, I do recommend working with genesys, as they are the only ones who can view the OCS logs/Media Server to see what is happening.

I also have the call wait connected timeout set to 30 seconds.

Happy to take a look if you want to do a screenshare.

Austin Brigham
    WHIRLPOOL CORPORATION

• 10.  RE: Is anyone using CXContact

Posted 05-11-2021 14:53
    Edited by Kevin Brown 05-11-2021 14:59

"Over the years?"  CXContact has only been since Q2 2020.  This organization was told they were going to be the third customer to go live back in May 2020 and the previous two were using only SMS, not voice.

All the settings are as you mentioned, and Genesys has been involved.  The issues were taken care of carrier by carrier via tweaking by Genesys on the back end.  I learned just a few minutes ago that the last carrier has been successfully tested.  Strange that it has taken this long to work through all of these issues given it's a UI layer on top of OCS.  

Thanks for your reply. It looks like this is finally closed out. Hopefully those settings will be used for other customers.

• 11.  RE: Is anyone using CXContact

Posted 05-11-2021 15:29
    Sorry - when I was referring to over the years, I have been using Genesys outbound products since 2018.  Originally using the soundbite product, and upgraded to CX Contact.  

Unfortunately, you hear different answers on who is using what products in what spaces.  Many times I find that this relates back to how their account at Genesys is set up, one of the onboarding questions is something like "Do you want to be used as a reference?" many say no, so when that is "No" Genesys can't share that someone is using the product.    

Awesome to hear it's resolved. 

Always happy to discuss anything CX Contact related.

Austin Brigham
    WHIRLPOOL CORPORATION

• 12.  RE: Is anyone using CXContact

Posted 05-11-2021 16:22
    Thank you for clearing that up. I've used OCS since 2005 with excellent results, hence my being puzzled with CXContact. Wild that it was corrected yesterday after I originally posted here. (Magic?)

• 13.  RE: Is anyone using CXContact

Posted 05-11-2021 15:57
    We have been experiencing the same problem. Voicemail recordings are not being left consistently. We are in the process of leaving Soundbite and moving to CX Contact, but have been unable to move forward. We are working with Genesys directly and have found no solutions, yet ...

Amy Cowan
    ATB Financial

• 14.  RE: Is anyone using CXContact

Posted 05-11-2021 17:34

Amy,

I will get an update for you on exactly what was tweaked to make it work.  Just know that it took forever. My primary contact is away on holiday, but I will let you know once they have returned.

Kevin

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources