Genesys Multicloud

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  How to Control Users who close their browser before logging out

Posted 12-30-2019 10:19
    Does anyone know how to manager user accounts which do not log off properly; i.e. close the browser without logging off first?

These users appear as still logged in with no way to differentiate them from actual logged in users.  As well, we have some using hard phones and cannot later log into a new place because they are already associated to the previous place.  Is there a way to force log off users when they close the browse or possibly a process to log off these 'ghost' users?

#Reporting/Analytics
    #Telephony
    #Unsure/Other

------------------------------
    Davide Giglio
    FCA US LLC

• 2.  RE: How to Control Users who close their browser before logging out

GENESYS
    Posted 12-31-2019 10:22
    There is a setting on the server side that should be logging agents off after a certain period of inactivity.  It is possible that the currently configured value is set to high and needs to be adjusted, but you have to be careful not to adjust it too low so that it doesn't log agents off that just click "reload" in the browser.  Since this is a server side setting you will have to contact Genesys Customer Care to ask them to adjust it.

Jim Crespino
    Senior Director, Developer Evangelism
    Genesys
    https://developer.genesys.com

• 3.  RE: How to Control Users who close their browser before logging out

Posted 12-31-2019 10:43
    Thanks Jim.   We are aware of this setting but it could be many hours before they are logged off; we have it set pretty high to avoid inadvertently logging off a user.

I hoping to find other ways to track these users because they appear as logged in to their team leads when their close their browser.   Is there any way to trigger something on the browse to set an alert or something or just call an API to log off the agent?   I assume this would affect reporting as well and show these users as logged all this time.

Davide Giglio
    FCA US LLC

• 4.  RE: How to Control Users who close their browser before logging out

GENESYS
    Posted 12-31-2019 11:13
    I'm afraid the problem is not as easy to solve as it sounds, and the solution built into WWE to log an agent off after a specified period of time is one of the easiest ways to solve it.  In a cloud-based world, an application running in a browser has no ability to preempt a user from shutting the browser down (can you imagine if a page could trap you from shutting down your browser?).  There is a page unload event that web apps can listen for, but browsers do not guarantee that those events will be fired, and even if they are fired you have no guarantee how much time your app has to clean up before the browser terminates any running Javascript.  So many apps do what WWE does where the server watches for inactivity from the client and after a specified threshold of time the server assumes the client is not coming back for that session.

Is there a definitive way that you can recognize when an agent is leaving at the end of their shift?  If so, then you MIGHT be able to build some custom mechanism to check their current state and log them off if they are still logged in.  For instance you could right a console app that runs in the background at login and registers to listen for shutdown or logoff events (https://www.apriorit.com/dev-blog/413-win-api-shutdown-events) and during one of those events you could make an API request to log that agent out.  However, what if they don't shutdown or logoff and instead just lock the screen and go home?  They would still be logged in after their shift.

Jim Crespino
    Senior Director, Developer Evangelism
    Genesys
    https://developer.genesys.com

• 5.  RE: How to Control Users who close their browser before logging out

Posted 01-02-2020 09:17
    Understand completely. Thanks for the information Jim.

We will investigate the option of monitor the browser; is there a Genesys API that we can call to log a user out (for PureEngage Cloud)?  Can you provide a link to details for this API and and others? 

The issue most affected by users not logging out is when they are still associated to their last 'Place' when logging in at a new desk.  Do you know of a way or has anyone come up with a way to release the old associated Place every time an agent logs in? The agents get an error then we waste time having to get someone else to force log them off their last session.

Davide Giglio
    FCA US LLC

• 6.  RE: How to Control Users who close their browser before logging out

Posted 01-02-2020 11:53
    If you utilize the supervisor role of Agent Desktop (WWE) there is a feature to log off agents.  This may help you with logging out ghost users.  Please see the "Log off an agent" section found here:

https://docs.genesys.com/Documentation/PSAAS/latest/Supervisor/ADsuper

Glen Stengel
    Eventus Solutions Group

• 7.  RE: How to Control Users who close their browser before logging out

Posted 01-02-2020 12:13
    Yes, our Contact Centers utilize this feature to force a user logoff but it is only after a lot of triage and is not always apparent as the supervisor's screen does not clearly indicated who these users are.   I was hoping for an automated process or something preemptive to avoid relying on supervisors to realize the issue or just hoping the agents following the proper manual procedure.

The agent usually reports they cannot log in which almost always results in an IT trouble ticket; wasting time and resources.

I guess there is no automated solution.  Thanks for everyone's input.

Davide Giglio
    FCA US LLC

• 8.  RE: How to Control Users who close their browser before logging out

Posted 01-02-2020 17:23
    Edited by Kevin Brown 01-17-2020 16:40

• 9.  RE: How to Control Users who close their browser before logging out

Posted 01-21-2020 13:39
    Funny you should mention this. I have an issue where my agent loggs off of WWE, (but do not exit) and after EXACTLY 8 hours of inactivity,  WWE will log the agents back in. I opened a ticket about it and was told there is no fix for this currently and to use agent inactivity to log them out after x amount of time.
    My login/logout reports are a nightmare!

What kind of programming does that???  It shouldn't randomly log an agent back in, unless the agent chooses to change themselves.
    • The other issue with that I will have agents who will login, change their status at the beginning of the day to not ready and not touch it  (we don't use WFM). So they would get kicked out if I applied the inactivity (if they're not paying attention to WWE.)
    This has been very frustrating for me as well

Monique Morel-Peseski
    Messer Canada Inc.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources