Genesys Multicloud

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Obtain Access Groups assigned to User and visa versa

GENESYS
    Posted 01-21-2021 18:52

I am working with a Genesys Engage Cloud customer and I have a question regarding the Provisioning API.  It looks as if some provisioning API's were deprecated, so I am looking to understand if the remaining API's can provide the following capabilities?

The Genesys Access Groups defined within a deployment represent users that have specific capabilities and ultimately map to a role.  So I am asking, on behalf of customer, if there is a way using the provisioning API's to get a list of users assigned to a specific Access Group and alternatively, get a list of Access Groups assigned to a specific user?

In either case, a user's assignment to an Access Group would determine if the said user has or does not have access to a specific Genesys capabilities, which is what they are trying to determine.

It appeared that the Provisioning -> Users API did support something that might address the request, but this (according to documentation) has be deprecated and replaced by "Objects" API.

#Integrations

------------------------------
    David Colleran
    Genesys

• 2.  RE: Obtain Access Groups assigned to User and visa versa

GENESYS
    Posted 01-22-2021 11:17
    David,

I don't believe you can get to the level of what specific permissions a user will have access to in an access group, but you can get the access groups that a user is assigned.  You can also query access groups and see what agents are members of that group.

A call to GET /provisioning/v3/users?filterName=FirstNameOrLastNameMatches&filterParameters=jim.crespino@genesys.com will return a JSON payload that includes the following:

"accessGroups": [
    "Administrators_Support",
    "Agents_Support"
    ],

Or you get get a list of access groups and see what users are members by calling GET /provisioning/v3/objects/access-groups you'll get something like the following:

{
    "data": {
    "access-groups": [
    {
    "CfgGroup": {
    "DBID": "254",
    "tenantDBID": "1",
    "name": "Administrators_Support",
    "capacityTableDBID": "0",
    "quotaTableDBID": "0",
    "state": "1",
    "capacityRuleDBID": "0",
    "siteDBID": "0",
    "contractDBID": "0"
    },
    "memberIDs": [
    {
    "CSID": "0",
    "DBID": "8694",
    "type": "3"
    },
    {
    "DBID": "8693",
    },
    {
    "DBID": "8760",
    },

You can get get user details for each member via their DBID by calling GET /provisioning/v3/users/{DBID}

Hope that helps.

Jim Crespino
    Senior Director, Developer Evangelism
    Genesys
    https://developer.genesys.com

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources