Genesys Engage on-premises

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Integrate PureEngage Chat with 3rd party Chatbots

Posted 12-16-2019 11:05
    Hello Community,

If I'm using a 3rd party chatbot (i.e IBM Watson or Google Dialogue Flow) and want to integrate it with existing PureEngage Web Chat Service.

My question is should I use GIA (Genesys Intelligent Automation) to enable this functionality or can I do the same with some development?

If I understand correctly, GIA is only useful in case I want to build chatbot workflows scenarios or integrate with 3rd party bot that doesn't have a workflow designer(like WET.AI) but in my case, I already have my own bot ready and I believe no need for GIA but I don't know what other options available.

Your feedback is highly appreciated.

Thank,
    #DigitalChannels
    #Integrations

------------------------------
    Youssef Atef
    Advanced Technology Solutions Int

• 2.  RE: Integrate PureEngage Chat with 3rd party Chatbots

Posted 12-17-2019 02:01
    Hello Youssef,
    you can use the combination of Bot Gateway and GIA Genesys products to use all the features out-of-the-box. By the way, Dialog Flow is already integrated in this environment and some integration (I think not included in the product) are also available for Watson.
    Alternatively, as we did in the past before the availability of these products, you could develop a web application using PSDK that automates an agent behavior (logon, set ready, accept a new incoming chat, disconnect and logoff), receives all the input messages coming from the customer and sends it to the 3rd party chatbot and finally play back the answer from the chatbot. In this case, you need to write your own code and you need to implement on your own some important features, such as the management of rich messages (for example, quick replies).
    Last but not least, using this approach you should probably plan the usage of some more chat licenses, because this interface acts as a "normal" human agent.

Hope this helps you.
    Regards

Giuliano Ferri
    Indra Italia spa

• 3.  RE: Integrate PureEngage Chat with 3rd party Chatbots

Posted 12-17-2019 12:01
    I think the best approach for you would be to use GMS in your integration. Already provides a session manager for Chat and would be invoqued by your Chatbot when needed

Jorge Cornejo
    VS Telecom LTDA.

• 4.  RE: Integrate PureEngage Chat with 3rd party Chatbots

Posted 01-24-2020 09:38
    My way..

Rodrigo Hernandez

• 5.  RE: Integrate PureEngage Chat with 3rd party Chatbots

Posted 01-27-2020 12:00
    I think your message is incomplete?

Jorge Cornejo
    VS Telecom LTDA.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources