Genesys Engage on-premises

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Update Chat Subject in DB

GENESYS
    Posted 03-22-2021 23:28
    Hello,

We received a customer inquiry regarding the possibility to Update Chat Subject in DB so that IWS search doesn't show specific data.  According to them they a chat interaction which has PAN data in the Subject and they want to remove that from IWS search. They already updated the UCS and Interaction table, but IWS continues to show old data.
    Is there a workaround for this?

Thank you for your inputs!

#DigitalChannels

------------------------------
    Jose Mari Pulmano
    Genesys - Employees

• 2.  RE: Update Chat Subject in DB

Posted 03-23-2021 09:04
    You can try reindexing UCS. Below is a link to the steps. This process can take several hours to complete depending on the amount of data in the UCS DB.

• 3.  RE: Update Chat Subject in DB

GENESYS
    Posted 03-24-2021 21:03
    Hi Daniel,

Hello,

Thank you for the information. Just want to ask for one interaction update we need to rebuild the index?

Kind Regards,
    Jose Mari

Jose Mari Pulmano
    Genesys - Employees

• 4.  RE: Update Chat Subject in DB

Posted 03-24-2021 23:19
    I mentioned this because recently, Genesys support advised the following to me when we updated the status field in the UCS DB. I figured your issue may be similar. I'm not sure if it will help in your case though.

----------
    Since a DBA manually updated the status of interaction directly against UCS DB then the Lucene indexes was not updated. Therefore you will be needing to rebuild the Lucene interaction index in UCS to be able to correct the issue. As this is why we do not support direct database manipulations. Note that this can take a long time depending on the size of UCS DB interaction table.

Also it is better and highly advised to use a strategy to mark the interactions as done or create an App with the UCS API to update the status, this will ensure that the Lucene index also gets updated at the same time.

How to terminate stuck interaction from queue?

------------

There is mention of updating the UCS DB in the article, which is strongly discouraged. Either way, when we have done this in the past, restarts of the services or reindexing is usually required. Let us know what you decide to do. 

Regards,
    Daniel

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources