Genesys Engage on-premises

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Composer : logs not captured in Composer.Log

Posted 11-19-2018 05:03
    Hi All,

I have created a webservice block in composer and it is getting failed for some reason (SOAP is successful) . I have enabled logging feature in web.config but i am not getting any logs in composer.log . Do i need to enable anyother feature?

<log4net>
    <appender name="RollingLogFileAppender" type="log4net.Appender.RollingFileAppender">
    <file value=".\logs\Composer.log" />
    <appendToFile value="true" />
    <rollingStyle value="Composite" />
    <datePattern value="yyyyMMdd" />
    <maxSizeRollBackups value="10" />
    <maximumFileSize value="1MB" />
    <layout type="log4net.Layout.PatternLayout">
    <conversionPattern value="%date [%thread] %-5level %logger - %message%newline" />
    </layout>
    </appender>
    <root>
    <level value="ERROR" />
    <appender-ref ref="RollingLogFileAppender" />
    </root>
    <!-- log only messages of level ERROR or above in the package specified below -->
    <logger name="getWebRequest">
    <level value="DEBUG" />
    </logger>

<logger name="getWebService">
    <level value="DEBUG" />
    </logger>
    #Implementation

------------------------------
    Karthik Nachimuthu
    Wipro Limited

• 2.  RE: Composer : logs not captured in Composer.Log

Posted 11-19-2018 11:36
    ​Since Composer is bundled with Tomcat, and its likely that you have 'deployed' your project, it stands to reason that there is an ORS server fetching .scxml files from the Tomcat service running with your Composer workspace, as well as an MCP server fetching .vxml files from that same Tomcat service.
    Following this logic, any issues you have with a Web Service block are occurring on the ORS server or MCP server that is executing the scripts you generated in Composer (and automatically deployed to your Tomcat service).
    Therefore, you need to review those logs to determine why the Web Service block is failing. You may have added custom log statements, but the core functionality will throw its own errors that you can review in those logs.

If your Callflow diagram is failing, look at your MCP logs. If your Workflow diagram is failing, look at your ORS logs.

Todd McCall
    Bank of America

• 3.  RE: Composer : logs not captured in Composer.Log

Posted 11-20-2018 22:22
    It is .Net based composer project deployed in IIS. Not using Tomcat.

This is pure voice based callflow . OSR not deployed and not used. MCP logs did not have much information why webservice block failed.

As per composer document "For DotNetComposer Projects web.config file can be used to control the Server Side logging."

Though i have done server side configuration in 'web.config' (shared in first post) i am not able to trigger logging in composer.log located in 

<file value=".\logs\Composer.log" />

Karthik Nachimuthu
    Wipro Limited

• 4.  RE: Composer : logs not captured in Composer.Log

Posted 11-21-2018 03:33
      |   view attached
    Hi All,

Finally found the error and resolved by myself :)

While creating the .net composer application got the attached error . My bad that i ignored the error.

Copied System.Security.dll , Microsoft.Web.Services3.dll into bin folder manually and finally composer.log got updated with logs and.Even webservice request was successful.

Thanks .

Karthik Nachimuthu
    Wipro Limited

• 5.  RE: Composer : logs not captured in Composer.Log

Posted 11-21-2018 15:36
    Thank you for posting your conclusion! It helps us all learn.

Todd McCall
    Bank of America

• 6.  RE: Composer : logs not captured in Composer.Log

Posted 11-24-2018 12:31
    Edited by Bavly Morcos 11-24-2018 14:00

Hello,

If you face this issue again, first check MCP logs and there is a block of log in the call flow attach it and check the result of the web service 

But MCP logs will found the issue in it 

BR,

Bavly 

Bavly Morcos

• 7.  RE: Composer : logs not captured in Composer.Log

Posted 09-29-2019 10:49

Dears,

I think you will not be able to find any logs in the MCP related to the backend requests details, as you can see when you are gonna use the webrequest block or the webservice block,

it calls a JSP in the composer files/include called getWebRequestData.jsp and getWebServiceData.jsp, this JSPs called java methods inside the composer jar inside the lib folder of tomcat, and being executed inside the application server not inside the MCPs so you have to check the application server logs like catalina.out NOT composer.log in tomcat or the other files of IIS .

Omar Elhawary

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources