Genesys Engage on-premises

View Only
Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

IWS - Out of Service - Media Error (58)

• 1.  IWS - Out of Service - Media Error (58)

Posted 10-28-2019 20:55
    Hi,
    I would like to have some general information.

Some users on laptops are getting the below error:

image002.jpg
    This prevents the agents from going into Ready state automatically after initial login.

The problem has been isolated to usb 3.1 / usb-c headset configuration.

Is this a known error and can someone suggest a workaround please?

Thank you!

#Omni-ChannelDesktop/UserInterface

------------------------------
    Maryam

• 2.  RE: IWS - Out of Service - Media Error (58)

GENESYS
    Posted 10-31-2019 08:21
    Hi Maryam,

Unfortunately, the image you shared was blocked. Can you add the text of the message?

Could you open a Customer Care ticket for this issue? They will need more details than you would want to share here. If there is an issue with headset configuration, the development team will need the details from a Customer Care ticket to resolve it.

Thanks,

Matthew West
    Staff Technical Writer
    Genesys Laboratories

• 3.  RE: IWS - Out of Service - Media Error (58)

Posted 11-01-2019 00:20
    Edited by Maryam I. 11-01-2019 00:32
    Hi Matthew,
    Thank you for your reply.

The error message is Out of Service - Media Error (58) voice (#followed by the extension number#)

I have opened a case with Customer Care. They have advised that any USB headset that is supported by the Windows Operating System should work normally with Workspace SIP Endpoint.

Reference: https://docs.genesys.com/Documentation/IW/latest/Dep/InteractionWorkspaceSIPEndpoint

Their next recommendation was to upgrade the .NET version:

For Interaction Workspace 8.0-8.1.4, you need to use .NET 3.5

For Workspace Desktop Edition 8.5+, you need to use .NET 4.5

Reference: https://docs.genesys.com/Documentation/System/latest/SOE/WorkspaceDesktopEdition

Customer is using .NET 4.8, so I believe that meets the requirement.

The other thing is that when the agent manually clicks on the logon option in IWS, this error message disappears, and the agent is able to take calls normally.

If I find any resolution for this case, I will share it on this thread.

Thanks!

Maryam

• 4.  RE: IWS - Out of Service - Media Error (58)
    Best Answer

Posted 10-31-2019 18:53
    As Matt has said, very hard to determine what your issue might be at the moment without some details.
    But if I was to hazard a guess, you are probably using sipendpoint.headset-enforce-configured-usage = true, then maybe the way these certain headset are presenting to windows does not match what you havce configured in sipendpoint.policy.device.headset_name?
    SIPEndpoint logs should give you some information.

Jason McLennan
    Commonwealth Bank of Australia

• 5.  RE: IWS - Out of Service - Media Error (58)

Posted 11-01-2019 00:31
    Edited by Maryam I. 11-01-2019 00:32
    Hi Jason,
    Thank you for your reply.

We did change sipendpoint.headset-enforce-configured-usage to false, and the error disappeared.

But the customer wasn't happy with this workaround because they think conversations might get recorded accidentally when the headsets are unplugged.

The other interesting thing is that the same headsets work on desktops but not on laptops.

The issue was narrowed down to HP Probook 430 G5's and higher.

Maryam

• 6.  RE: IWS - Out of Service - Media Error (58)

Posted 11-03-2019 17:39
    Yeah, I wouldnt be happy with this set to false either in the long term.
    What value do you have for sipendpoint.policy.device.headset_name?  This should be set to however the device is presenting itself in Windows, which you  should also see in the sipendpoint logs if you have the logging uppped sufficiently.  For example, if it presents as a Plantronics Savi 700 series Then you can set this to option to Plantronics.*  or if you have to support multiple types, use a pipe to separate.  For example, in our environment we have the following value:

interaction-workspace \ sipendpoint.policy.device.headset_name = Plantronics.*|Jabra.*|Polaris.*|Soundshield.*|Savi.*

Jason McLennan

• 7.  RE: IWS - Out of Service - Media Error (58)

Posted 11-05-2019 18:43
    Hi Jason,
    We had sipendpoint.genesyslab.device.headset_name set to Plantronics. I changed it to Plantronics.* but that didn't make any difference.
    Then I tested with sipendpoint.policy.device.headset_name by setting the value to Plantronics.*

In both cases, I set the sipendpoint.headset-enforce-configured-usage to true. But it seems that the media error only disappears when this is set to false.

Thanks!

Maryam

• 8.  RE: IWS - Out of Service - Media Error (58)

Posted 11-05-2019 19:03
    OK, but how does the device actually display in the end users computer?  When you look at "Playback" or "Recording" devices in the Windows Sound Control Panel, what is shown?

Jason McLennan

• 9.  RE: IWS - Out of Service - Media Error (58)

Posted 11-05-2019 21:38
    Edited by Maryam I. 11-05-2019 21:38
    Hi Jason,

The audio devices were set to default. But we changed it to Plantronics USB headset to test. That didn't help in resolving the media error.

Maryam

• 10.  RE: IWS - Out of Service - Media Error (58)

Posted 11-05-2019 21:54
    But can you confirm what the device name is showing as in Windows (examples highlighted from my system.)
    Windows Sound Control Panel

Or better still ensure the sipendpoint logging is set to Debug and provide the sipendpoint logs

Jason McLennan

• 11.  RE: IWS - Out of Service - Media Error (58)

Posted 11-06-2019 21:09
    Hi Jason,
    Unfortunately, the SIP Endpoint logs are not set to Debug, but I managed to obtain the audio settings for both working laptops and non-working laptops (which display the media error).

Laptop which displays media error: HP PROBOOK 430 G6 - Windows 10 Enterprise 1903
    Laptop with Media Error

Laptop which doesn't display media error: HP ProBook 640 G1 - Windows 10 Enterprise 1803
    Laptop with no issues

.NET 4.8 is installed on both laptops.

The problem seems to happen with  G5's and higher laptop models.

Maryam

• 12.  RE: IWS - Out of Service - Media Error (58)

Posted 11-06-2019 22:41
    Well, given that they're both displaying the same, thats not going to be the issue.  Is the DA40 also selected as the Default Communication (or Default Device) on the Recording tab?
    Also, I thought that you mentioned this was a usb-c device, but I thought the DA40 was USB A only?  Maybe there's been an update that I'm not aware of.
    At a bit of a loss without seeing the logs at this point for any other suggestions at this point.  You can set the relevant logging options on the Annex of an individual user for debugging, if there's concerns about applying it to the entire organisation.
    Or hopefully Care has a resolution!

Jason McLennan

• 13.  RE: IWS - Out of Service - Media Error (58)

GENESYS
    Posted 11-01-2019 08:56
    Hi Jason,

Do you think that the documentation for sipendpoint.headset-enforce-configured-usage is adequate? Maybe it needs to be updated based on Maryam's experience.

https://docs.genesys.com/Documentation/Options/Current/IW/WDE-interaction-workspace#sipendpoint-headset-enforce-configured-usage
    * https://docs.genesys.com/Documentation/IW/8.5.1/Dep/InteractionWorkspaceSIPEndpoint#USB_headset_configuration

Matthew West
    Staff Technical Writer
    Genesys Laboratories

• 14.  RE: IWS - Out of Service - Media Error (58)

Posted 11-03-2019 17:45
    Hey @Matthew West,

Probably wouldnt hurt to explain:

Jason McLennan

• 15.  RE: IWS - Out of Service - Media Error (58)

GENESYS
    Posted 11-04-2019 08:25
    Hi Jason,

Thank you for your insights. I'll open a discussion with the Workspace Desktop Edition team and we'll see what we can do to improve the documentation around headset provisioning. Feel free to reach out to me any time regarding the WDE documentation. Reader feedback is really helpful! (matthew dot west @ genesys dot com​)

You can also use the documentation feedback tools. On each page there is a Disqus section where you can post comments that go directly to writers in Genesys Information Experience and can be seen by other Genesys users. There is also a "Contact Us" button at the top of every topic that sends an email to the site administrator. That is mainly to report problems with the site; however, you can use it to ask questions as well. Each page also has a Feedback tab on the right where you can rate a page and tell us what you do or do not like about it.

Thanks again for sharing your thoughts with us.

Matthew West
    Staff Technical Writer
    Genesys Laboratories

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources