Genesys Engage on-premises

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  GA: Display DN Alias - not only in the DN's configuration ('Advanced' section), but in the DN list of the Switch object

Posted 01-20-2022 11:09
    In Config Manager and in GAX, DN Aliases are displayed by default.
    In Config Manager, you select a switch, then 'DN' and possibly a sub-folder (e.g. 'extensions', 'RP' etc.). Then you can see a list of DNs, this list has got 4 columns: number, type, switch and alias.
    In GAX, it's similar, except that you've got to select 'DNs' in the 'Switching' tile.
    This is useful if one has got to select a DN and only knows the alias. Especially if there are a lot of DNs in the list...

In GA, however, I only see three columns: number, type and state. There is no colum 'alias'. Is there a way to display that column, too? Esp. if a customer uses GA only, not GAX.
    #Unsure/Other

------------------------------
    Sabine Wimmer
    InfinIT.cx GmbH

• 2.  RE: GA: Display DN Alias - not only in the DN's configuration ('Advanced' section), but in the DN list of the Switch object

Posted 01-21-2022 16:14
    I'm not aware of a "configuration option' way.  I would recommend moving to GAX given GenAdmin is EOS is Jan 2023.

Tony Morrow

• 3.  RE: GA: Display DN Alias - not only in the DN's configuration ('Advanced' section), but in the DN list of the Switch object

Posted 01-24-2022 07:04
    Hi Tony,
    thank you for the prompt reply.

Yeah, I had looked for configuration options in vain, that's why I posted my question here.
    In general, I'd agree to your suggestion, it's good to switch to newer tools, in this case GAX; except that the customer uses Outbound, and this can be handled much better and easier in GA. GAX does not offer adequate substitute for GA's OCM - and, as far as I know, CX Contact is not generally available but part of the Early Adopter Program. So, GAX is not an option here.

So, in short, there is no possibility to display DN Aliases in a DN list in GA? One really has to open each DN in order to see the alias?

Sabine Wimmer
    InfinIT.cx GmbH

• 4.  RE: GA: Display DN Alias - not only in the DN's configuration ('Advanced' section), but in the DN list of the Switch object

Posted 01-24-2022 08:44
    I'm with you.  I've disabled everything in GA except for Outbound.  So everything else has to be done in GAX.

Tony Morrow

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources