Genesys Engage on-premises

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Quick updates in the Pulse application using Rabbitmq in windows server

Posted 06-18-2019 06:04
    Team,

We are setting up the pulse application in the lab environment, And we tried to use the rabbitmq for quick updates in the current agent status in the pulse application. But its not getting the quick updates.  Its minimum refresh rate value is 10 seconds, Now the statistics get refresh only  after 10 seconds. Please give your valuable suggestions to find the solutions for the quick updates.

I will explain the scenario below.

We are having the pulse application, And we are trying to setting up the quick updates by using rabbitmq.

We install the erlang and rabbit mq version. And configure the required options given as per documentation in the genesys pulse deployment guide.

Such as creating vhost
    Creating user and password
    Granting permission to the user.

Then we configure the transport-rabbitmq section in the pulse collector configuration options in the CME.

Then we restart the pulse application and pulse collector application.

And enable the quick updates in the agent login widget templates.
    But after also, the statistics get refresh only after 10 seconds.

Please provide your valuable suggestions and do the needful..

In the rabbitmq log, we have found that the no config file is present. Whether we need to create it?

In the rabbitmq log, we have message such as  closing & accepting the amqp connection..

Thanks & Regards.
    Anandapriyan Ravichandran
    #Reporting/Analytics

------------------------------
    Pointel (formerly Touch Point)

• 2.  RE: Quick updates in the Pulse application using Rabbitmq in windows server

GENESYS
    Posted 06-21-2019 10:38
    Hi Anandapriyan,

I'm afraid that your Pulse application is working as designed.
    The quick updates provided by RabbitMQ will only allow your widgets to receive quick updates for CurrentStatus and ExtendedCurrentState statistics only. Anything other than these two categories (like TotalNumber, CurrentNumber, CurrentTime, TotalTime, etc) will still be updated every 10 seconds as the minimum refresh rate supported by Pulse.

Regards,

Rafael Marciano

• 3.  RE: Quick updates in the Pulse application using Rabbitmq in windows server

Posted 06-25-2019 08:55
    Hi team,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I am sorry, I am new to pulse application. Now only understood. Rabbitmq used for only agent status.Not for agent status duration. Now its get working by the above steps.

Thanks & Regards,
    Anandapriyan.R

Pointel (formerly Touch Point)

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources