Genesys Engage on-premises

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Interaction Search Archives

Posted 07-12-2018 10:10
    Edited by Nicolas Ferrer 07-16-2018 10:21
    ​Hi all,

Do you know how to search into archives through "Interaction Search" panel from WDE?
    We can do it via Contact History but not using Interaction Search (only "all", "1M", "1W", "1D" is available).

Thanks

#WorkspaceDesktopEdition
    ------------------------------
    Nicolas
    ​​​​​​​

• 2.  RE: Interaction Search Archives

GENESYS
    Posted 07-13-2018 08:08
    Hello Nicolas,

Is it possible that you do not have search configured correctly? The Help and User's Guide show both a basic and an advanced search for the WDE Interaction Search panel:

Documentation:IW:Help:Interaction Search:8.5.1 - Genesys Documentation

Documentation:IW:User:InteractionSearch:8.5.1 - Genesys Documentation

Interaction Search is configured here:

Documentation:IW:Dep:EnableHistory:8.5.1 - Genesys Documentation

Matthew West
    Staff Technical Writer
    Genesys Laboratories

• 3.  RE: Interaction Search Archives

Posted 07-16-2018 01:49
    ​Hello Matthew,

Thanks for your documentation.
    My interaction search seems to be well configured, but unfortunately as described in the "Interaction Search" documentation, the slider only allows "All | 1M | 1W | 1D", and not "Archive" as in "My History" or "Contact History".
    Then search into "All" depends on how long it is configured but I do not have access to archives.

Do you know if it is a Genesys' choice, or if a feature request have been done?
    It's not easy to search for an old interaction (email for example) if you don't know who sent the email or which agent answered it (sometimes we just have an email reference).
    Same as interaction search sort (by date for example) that is not possible.

Have a nice day

Nicolas

• 4.  RE: Interaction Search Archives
    Best Answer

Posted 07-16-2018 21:01
    Hey Nicolas,

As you point out, the WDE documentation https://docs.genesys.com/Documentation/IW/latest/Dep/ContactHistory states:

The interactions that have been pruned from the Main to the Archive UCS database are not available for searching.

From the looks of this knowledge article https://genesyspartner.force.com/customercare/pkb_Home?id=kA3U00000000CmGKAU&l=en_US&fs=Search&pn=1 , assuming that its still current and I cant see anything in the UCS release notes that states otherwise, from the SDK perspective you can only search Archive using ContactID or InteractionID, which explains why it's available in Contact History:

Ability to search in archived contact history" in UCS 8.0 Release Notes means that some of the existing queries can be done in archive datasource: e.g. RequestGetInteractionsForContact is now possible in archive which wasn't possible at all before 8.0, there was no way to access archived content.Talking technicaly, this feature is not about 'searching keywords in interaction records', it's more or less about retrieving interaction records by their interaction id or by contact id (few read-only requests are available now using Contacts Platform SDK).Unfortunately, there's no plan to implement full-text search in acrchived data as archive is meant to be used only for "legal purpose", thus not for near real-time access but rather only for historical or statistics and reporting purpose.

You could log an idea in ideas lab if you wanted it, available under My Products in Genesys Knowledge Network: https://genesyspartner.force.com/know/KnowUserProfile?type=all

Personally, I think you probably wont get too much traction as I understand the entire idea of the archive db is purely for "legal like" purposes therefore allowing you to manage the performance of your Main DB searches in real time applications (routing or WDE).  If it had to search everything always, there's no use in having an Archive right? :)

UCS 9.1 also doesn't even have the concept of archive as I understand it.

Jason McLennan
    Commonwealth Bank of Australia

• 5.  RE: Interaction Search Archives

Posted 07-18-2018 01:52
    ​Thanks a lot @Jason McLennan and @Matthew West​​

Nicolas

• 6.  RE: Interaction Search Archives

GENESYS
    Posted 07-17-2018 08:34
    Hello Nicolas,

Jason McLennan has the answer. As the doc states, Archive is not available for search from the Interaction Search view for the basic reasons proposed by Jason. I can confirm the rationale with the Product Manager if you want.

Matthew West
    Staff Technical Writer
    Genesys Laboratories

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources