Genesys Engage on-premises

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  WDE Configuration Server Proxy

Posted 01-21-2020 09:22
    Hello,

We are deploying WDE v8.5 (framework v81).
    Is it better practise to use configuration server proxies (primary/backup) for the connection to the configuration server (confserv)?  I know we will need the proxy to be writable but believe this is possible.
    Looking at the business continuity sections of the deployment guide, it references the use of a proxy.
    In addition the 'InteractionWorkspace.exe.config' file contains HA sections to add 'CS Proxy' details.

We have a multi-site contact centre, 5000+ agents in total.
    Although it will be a gradual migration, I think it is better to deploy with CS Proxy at the beginning.

thanks.
    #Omni-ChannelDesktop/UserInterface

------------------------------
    WA

• 2.  RE: WDE Configuration Server Proxy

Posted 01-22-2020 03:01
    Edited by Shrikant Dusa 01-22-2020 03:02
    ​CS Proxies are always preferable

Shrikant Dusa

• 3.  RE: WDE Configuration Server Proxy

Posted 01-22-2020 04:52
    Agreed, especially in a multisite configuration involving WAN connections between the datacenters it is better to deploy CS Proxies on local sites

Giovanni Laino
    Lutech S.p.A.

• 4.  RE: WDE Configuration Server Proxy

Posted 01-22-2020 18:38
    With 5000+ Agents, you'll definitely need multiple config proxies.  Recommended limit of connections is 500 per config server, although if you were on framework 8.5 (I note that you say your on 8.5) that can be increased to 1500 with the appropriate settings.  Check the Client Connections section for Management Frework in the Hardware Sizing Guide.

But, no matter the size, as mentioned below, I'd always recommend config proxies.  Sets you up well for expansion, allows appropriate security zoning in your network, best support in multi-site environments.

Jason McLennan
    Commonwealth Bank of Australia

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources