Genesys Engage on-premises

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  WDE - Send Twitter direct message

Posted 05-26-2021 08:34
    Hi everyone,
            Actually we have been researching the social media plugin for WDE, because we received a request where it is necessary to develop an integration that sends a "direct Twitter message" interaction like we do today with the "Send direct message" button. That action must be done when you press the "Markdone" button. However, we have not been able to find examples or related information about "Send twitter direct message" via Social media pluging or another tool. 
    I'll apreciate your help.

Thanks in advance.

------------------------------
    Felipe Alegría
    Interacciones Inteligentes S.A.

#Integrations
    #Omni-ChannelDesktop/UserInterface
    #Unsure/Other

Felipe Alegria

• 2.  RE: WDE - Send Twitter direct message

GENESYS
    Posted 05-27-2021 10:56
    Hello Felipe,

I have sent a message to someone on the eServices team that is responsible for the WDE Social Media Plugin. When I hear back from them I will let you know what they say.

In the Workspace Desktop Edition Agent Help I found the following information:

Reply by Direct Message

When the Twitter message author is a follower, you can send a direct message to the author as a form of reply.

Matthew West
    Staff Technical Writer
    Genesys Cloud Services

• 3.  RE: WDE - Send Twitter direct message

Posted 05-28-2021 08:01
    Thank you Matthew!
    About the information "Reply by Direct Message", it's the same scenario that we have now, with an active interaction of a Twitter follower. In the last stage of communication, when the agent presses "MarkDone" button, we must send a direct Twitter message. 

We remain attentive to the information from eService team.

Thanks Again.

Felipe Alegria

• 4.  RE: WDE - Send Twitter direct message

GENESYS
    Posted 05-31-2021 10:11
    Hello Felipe,

The eServices team confirms that the functionality described in the WDE Agent Help. Once a Twitter interaction is marked done, it cannot be reopened.

Has your organization considered Genesys Web Services with Workspace Web Edition and Genesys Digital Channels? This offering enables your organization to move to the Cloud and to take advantage of the new Digital Channels Conversation and Communications tabs to continue conversations after an interaction is completed. (the restriction that the contact must be a follower of your organization is still in place due to Twitter regulations).

https://all.docs.genesys.com/PEC-AD/Current/Agent/ADTwitter
    https://all.docs.genesys.com/PEC-DC/HIW

Matthew West
    Staff Technical Writer
    Genesys Cloud Services

• 5.  RE: WDE - Send Twitter direct message

Posted 06-07-2021 07:51
    Hello Matthew,

Thanks for your reply. Sorry if I wasn't specific about the steps in the process. We need to send a direct Twitter message (to the Twitter follower), before the interaction ends. That is, when inserting the chain associated with the "BundleClose" of the Marked done button ("InsertCommandToChainOfCommandBefore"), trigger the message and as the last step end the interaction.

In this scenario, to send a direct Twitter message, we look for examples of the WDE Social Media Plugin, but cannot find them.

We appreciate your help.

Felipe Alegria

• 6.  RE: WDE - Send Twitter direct message

GENESYS
    Posted 06-07-2021 12:24
    Hello Felipe,

I have sent a message to our social engagement team and asked them to review your question. Unfortunately, I have only limited expertise with this particular plugin.

Matthew West
    Staff Technical Writer
    Genesys Cloud Services

• 7.  RE: WDE - Send Twitter direct message

GENESYS
    Posted 06-08-2021 12:47
    Hello Felipe

Initial investigation suggests that the feature you are requesting is not supported by the Social Media Plugin for WDE currently. However, the Social Engagement team is continuing to investigate on this. We will provide an update as soon as we have a concrete answer

Sonia Alexander Hill
    Genesys - Employees

• 8.  RE: WDE - Send Twitter direct message

Posted 06-09-2021 08:01
    Thank you Sonia and Matthew!

We'll be waiting the answer.

Felipe Alegria

• 9.  RE: WDE - Send Twitter direct message

GENESYS
    Posted 06-18-2021 10:17
    Hi Felipe, 

Our team has investigated and found the feature is not currently supported. We encourage to submit an Idea in the Product Ideas Lab so it can be considered for upcoming releases. The Product Ideas Lab is available after signing into the Genesys Knowledge Network.

Thank you!
    Sonia

Sonia Alexander
    Product Line Manager, Digital
    Genesys Engage Social and Messaging

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources