Genesys Engage on-premises

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Genesys Configuration Manager is not login to configuration server on windows server 2019

Posted 11-12-2021 07:45
    Hello,

Configuration Manager is not supported windows server 2019, i read some article in that they have mentioned  added windows server 2019 into ip_description.xml under Platforms tag  <Computer Type="Intel 32 bit"> and <Computer Type="Intel EM64T"> then installation is gone through. Post installation trying to login CME it is not working (Data Communication Manager - Error Message red X mark and SUCCESS" screenshot attached below.

Genesys Administrator also not working on windows server 2019.

How i can make it work, please advice
    #Implementation

------------------------------
    Lakshmanakumar Krishnasamy
    Infosys Limited

• 2.  RE: Genesys Configuration Manager is not login to configuration server on windows server 2019

Posted 11-15-2021 03:36
    Hello,
    For configuration Server, which version did you install? (Must be  8.5.101.33+)
    Have you tried connecting from another OS?
    What is the exact log trace related to the error?

Charles-Henri Vannimenus
    Ceritek Sarl

• 3.  RE: Genesys Configuration Manager is not login to configuration server on windows server 2019

Posted 11-15-2021 04:19
    Hello,

Configuration server version is 8.5.101.56
    Yes windows server 2016 but it is given different error SCEE0024 - Compatibility error. Please contact Genesys Technical Support

Infosys Limited

• 4.  RE: Genesys Configuration Manager is not login to configuration server on windows server 2019

Posted 11-15-2021 04:31
    Hello,
    I imagine there is another issue underneath the visible part of the iceberg.
    Check the startup log to see if everything is fine on confserver boot.

Charles-Henri Vannimenus
    Ceritek Sarl

• 5.  RE: Genesys Configuration Manager is not login to configuration server on windows server 2019

Posted 11-15-2021 04:57
    Hello,

Configuration server startup log file looks good and connected to database and retrieved all the table and records.

Infosys Limited

• 6.  RE: Genesys Configuration Manager is not login to configuration server on windows server 2019

Posted 11-15-2021 16:34
    CME 8.1.101.04 works fine for me on Windows Server 2019, but I did have to "hack" the XML file.

Side comment: I keep wishing Genesys would just prompt "this is not supported" and let you continue.  

Since you got CME to install, I'm going to think that you have some sort of issue with the Config Server or database.   

Maybe a language setting issue?  Is it a new config server/database or existing?   Is the database a Single-Tenant (8.1 to 8.5 upgrade) or Multi-Tenant?

Can you point the CME, that's installed on Win2019, to another Conig Server?

Can you respond with the Config Server logs that are part of the login sequence?

Tony Morrow

• 7.  RE: Genesys Configuration Manager is not login to configuration server on windows server 2019

Posted 04-04-2022 04:51
    Hello, 

Would you be kind enough to share how you "hacked" the XML file for the installation to work on Windows Server 2019 ? I tried with my noob skills but kept unsuccessful. 

Luc

Luc Windenberger
    Groupama Grand Est

• 8.  RE: Genesys Configuration Manager is not login to configuration server on windows server 2019

Posted 04-04-2022 11:47
    PREFACE: I'm not sure if this is permitted to add..  Delete if need be Moderators.

All I had to do is update the ip_description.xml file, and add 'Windows Server 2019' to it.

<Computer Type="Intel EM64T">
    <OS Name="Windows Server 2003" MinVersion="SP1" CfgOSType="15"/>
    <OS Name="Windows Server 2008" CfgOSType="17"/>
    <OS Name="Windows Server 2012"/>
    <OS Name="Windows Server 2016"/>
    <OS Name="Windows Vista" CfgOSType="18"/>
    <OS Name="Windows 7"/>
    <OS Name="Windows 8"/>
    <OS Name="Windows 10"/>
    <OS Name="Windows Server 2019"/>
    </Computer>

Tony Morrow

• 9.  RE: Genesys Configuration Manager is not login to configuration server on windows server 2019

Posted 04-19-2022 08:34
    Thanks a lot for your answer. I'll try it.

Luc Windenberger

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources