Genesys Engage on-premises

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Genesys Nuance Integration TTS

Posted 03-07-2020 07:22
    Hi All,

I have a setup with Genesys Nuance integration.  I have a composer strategy with couple of WebRequest block and at last I get below value in a variable:

textmsg = 'Geht es bei Ihrer Frage um ein Thema zu dieser Mobilfunk-Nummer?'

At the end of workflow I want to play this message as TTS to customer. I am using Play Message Block 

Do you see any issue with Play Message Block config here, why I am not able to do TTS.
    In SIP server logs I get below error:

07:03:02.270: ApplyTreatment: treatment type 15 is not supported by any Media
    Response (53): for CRequest@472b690 RequestApplyTreatment-URS_P[25]/135 -- thisCall by party
    07:03:02.270 Trc 36002 Request rejected: error code 53(Invalid attribute)

SIP logs attached for reference.
    CONNID : 008b02f5d2aae004

Please note TTS is working fine if I test a with just a single prompt block.

Any suggestions what's wrong here why Play Message block is not executing TTS.?

#Integrations
    #SIP/VolP

------------------------------
    [Ankush] [Khare]

• 2.  RE: Genesys Nuance Integration TTS

Posted 03-08-2020 12:51
    Ankush,
    as far as I know, using PlayMessage you can just play a .wav file (or equivalent, in any case a static voice message). If you want use TTS you should use PlayApplication block and specify a VXML application that calls TTS. Of course, this requires a license for GVP, because you need GVP to run a VXML application.
    Best regards

Giuliano Ferri
    Indra Italia spa

• 3.  RE: Genesys Nuance Integration TTS

Posted 03-09-2020 00:44
    Hi Ferri,

I checked the Composer Help guide for Play Message Block and it says :

Play Message Block
    Use to invoke/play audio or text-to-speech Announcement treatments. As described in the Genesys Voice Platform
    Deployment Guide. GVP supports automatic speech recognition (ASR) and speech synthesis (text-to-speech [TTS])
    as part of a VoiceXML dialog, through supported third-party ASR and TTS engines that use open standards

Type of Prompts Property
    Click the down arrow and select Announcement or Text-To-Speech.

The variable which holds the value of  text which had to be played to the customer is in workflow. If I use the Play application block I need to pass the same variable to callflow. I tried that but variable value is empty when I use it in Callflow. May be I am doing something wrong here. 

Hence I thought of checking Play Message block.

[Ankush] [Khare]

• 4.  RE: Genesys Nuance Integration TTS

Posted 03-13-2020 00:39
    Hi All,

The issue was fixed finally. I used Play Application block and passed the variable holding my text from workflow to callflow.
    Used below code:

var input = new.Object();

input.vartextmsg = _data.textmsg;

_genesys.ixn.setUdata(input);

Thanks
    Ankush

[Ankush] [Khare]

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources