Genesys Engage on-premises

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  GAX URL is not loading installed in Linux -- Please provide your valuable suggestions.

Posted 02-03-2021 10:19
    Dear Team,
    We are upgrading gax 8.5 to gax 9.0 installed in linux environment. 
    And we taken the backup of the gax application 8.5.
    And we installed the new gax 9.0 application in the separate location. 
    And while trying to start the gax application, by running the startup_bat file . It shows gax started at the last line. But there is no  change in the GA. It shows stopped only. 
    Since we installed in linux environment. We connect the local host to the gax in the browser by remote(since we did not able to connect to the machine where we installed the gax application. 
    we tried with (http://localhost:8080/gax) , But url does not loaded. And it shows gax not found. 

After we run the startup_bat, can we also start the gax application in the genesys administrator.

Please provide your valuable suggestions for setting up  the gax 9.0 with the root user login in linux environment. 

Thanks and Regards,
    Anandapriyan.R

#Reporting/Analytics

------------------------------
    Anandapriyan Ravichandran
    Pointel (formerly Touch Point)

• 2.  RE: GAX URL is not loading installed in Linux -- Please provide your valuable suggestions.

Posted 02-04-2021 09:13
    Since you're installing on linux you really should be using a shell script like, gax_startup.sh.  Within that script you will effectively be using the java command to instantiate the gax.war file.  You'll want to make sure that in your GAX application object in GA that the command line of your 'Start Info' tab points to that shell script, gax_startup.sh.  If your other config files are also setup correctly then you should be able to start GAX either via cmdline from linux, or in GA and you should see it accurately depict the running state.

Regarding trying to access GAX via url.  If you have it installed on linux then the only way you'll be able to reach it from a remote browser is by going to http://servername/gax, not http:localhost.  If you are on that gax linux server then you can use the curl command just to see if you get a response locally.

Adam Mazur
    Systems Analyst

• 3.  RE: GAX URL is not loading installed in Linux -- Please provide your valuable suggestions.

Posted 04-13-2021 18:12
    I am running multiple GAX v9 instances parallel on both windows and Linux servers. Here is my checklist:

1. Make sure you have proper Java version installed and JAVA path is correctly set on your Linux server. 
    2. Modify GAX application object start up with Linux one:  ./gax_startup.sh (case sensitive)
    3. Modify GAX application object working directory where your GAX instance is installed and gax_startup.sh is located  e.g.  /GCTI/GAX1 
    4. Make sure gax.properties file under e.g. GCTI/GAX1/conf  directory has correct settings for the config server name, gax application name, ports etc.. there are no values set by default after initial installation.

Senih Demren
    Insurance Corporation of British Co

• 4.  RE: GAX URL is not loading installed in Linux -- Please provide your valuable suggestions.

Posted 04-16-2021 11:26
    Edited by Yvgeni Liberman 04-16-2021 11:26
    Dear Senih,
    As I understand, You have experience with both GAX installations:
    On MS-Windows server 
    On Linux server (which one? Centos?)
    What is Your recommendation, Linux based or NS-Windows based?

Best regards,

Yvgeni Liberman
    ITNavPro

• 5.  RE: GAX URL is not loading installed in Linux -- Please provide your valuable suggestions.

Posted 04-19-2021 19:00
    Hi Yvgeni,

Well, there is not much difference in terms of GAX usage either its running on Windows or Linux.  I used it for sometime on Windows 2012 and recently moving many Genesys apps to Linux platform, that's why I have it on Linux too. Currently GAX is running on RedHat Linux  v7 in my environment. 

Regards.

Senih Demren
    Insurance Corporation of British Co

• 6.  RE: GAX URL is not loading installed in Linux -- Please provide your valuable suggestions.

Posted 04-20-2021 02:41
    Dear Senih,
    Many thanks for Your answer.
    As I understand, there is no difference between 2 platforms

Best regards,

Yvgeni Liberman
    ITNavPro

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources