Genesys Engage on-premises

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Relationship among Agent Logins, Places, DNs, Switches

Posted 12-25-2020 03:25

Could someone explain relationship among Agent Logins, Places, DNs, Switches?

I ever find Genesys Dragon on youtube.

They show the association graph like this

Agent Group

┌───┤

Agent   Agent

│  │

Place   Place

│  │

DN    DN

┌┴───┘

Switches

There is no Agent Logins here. So, I am confused how could i understand Agent Logins?

#SystemAdministration

------------------------------
    Chun Jen Wang
    eSUN Bank

• 2.  RE: Relationship among Agent Logins, Places, DNs, Switches

Posted 12-26-2020 01:04

Hello,

I will try to keep it as simple as I can:

So lets say you have a switch (e.x. TServer/SIP Server)

Under switche you create below:

1) Agent Logins(These are agent login ID's which are mapped to a Person object you create separately under /Configuration/Resources/Persons)

2) DN's - These can be Extensions, Routing points, Virtual Queues, Voice Announcements etc.

>>Now, under /Configuration/Resources/Persons, as mentioned in point 1 above, you create a person object, and select/tick the "IsAgent" option to make this person an "Agent". Now under the "Agent Info" tab of the person object, you add the "agent login id" you created in the switch(point 1 above). When an agent logs in to the AgentDesktop solution, they will use the name with which you have created the person object and not the Agent Login ID.

>>Under /Configuration/Resources/Places, you create Places, to which you map the extensions that you created under switches, point 2 above.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Kosheen

Kosheen K
    Cognizant Technology Solutions India

• 3.  RE: Relationship among Agent Logins, Places, DNs, Switches

Posted 12-27-2020 20:08

Hi Kosheen,

Thank you for response.

I am trying to find how AgentLogins map with places and DNs in ICONs (https://docs.genesys.com/Documentation/ICON/8.1.5/PDMMS/Schema-Core)

However, I did not find information about AgentLogin in these tables.

Could you help me point how AgentLogins, DNs and Places join?

Regards

Chun Jen

Chun Jen Wang
    eSUN Bank

• 4.  RE: Relationship among Agent Logins, Places, DNs, Switches

GENESYS
    Posted 01-04-2021 18:36
    Hi, Chun Jen Wang. Apologies for the delay in following up, given the holiday season.

If you're still looking for this information, I suggest you start with the IDB Core Schema diagrams on the ICON Physical Data Model page you cited (https://docs.genesys.com/Documentation/ICON/8.1.5/PDMMS/Schema-Core#Core_Schema_Diagrams), particularly "Configuration Tables - diagram 2 of 3". The diagrams should give you an idea how the various GC_* and GCX_* tables in IDB (for example, GC_AGENT, GC_LOGIN, GC_PLACE, GCX_LOGIN_INFO, GCX_AGENT_PLACE) relate. (Tip: Click the "View Large" link in the caption to see an enlarged version of the diagram.)

See also the List of References on that page. Filter the list on the Parent Table column (by clicking the arrows in the column heading), to see specifically how the configuration-related tables join.

I hope this helps.

Jose Druker
    Genesys - Employees

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources