Genesys Engage on-premises

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Composer Root Logic

Posted 10-13-2019 05:11
    im trying to define root global variable in composer GVP application
    first of all the variable is shared, but its value not shared, anybody know how to make it shared?
    also i tried a lot of work around, but composer root actually ignores any tag else var tag when i debug.

Appreciated :)
    #Unsure/Other

------------------------------
    Omar Elhawary

• 2.  RE: Composer Root Logic

Posted 10-14-2019 03:09
    You need to pass it as return values between subdialogs. If you update its value in flow 1 and then go to flow 2, flow 2 will read the value from root file again, not from session of flow 1, so flow 1 when calls flow 2, need to send the new updated value as input/output parameter.

Jorge Cornejo
    VS Telecom LTDA.

• 3.  RE: Composer Root Logic

Posted 10-14-2019 09:14
    Ensure You are selecting the required variable through the Input and OutPut types under the calling flow of Subdialog and under the Entry block of Called flow .​

Lakshmi Venkata Aditya Kumar
    JPMorgan Chase

• 4.  RE: Composer Root Logic

Posted 10-14-2019 15:14
    I'm sure you did this, but just to make sure... you defined the variable in ComposerRoot.vxml AS WELL AS listing that file in the Entry block under Global-->ApplicationRoot.
    Example: "../src/ComposerRoot.vxml"

You sub callflow must also have the same file/path in the Entry block's global-->ApplicationRoot value.

When you use this variable in an assign block, Composer will append 'root.' to the beginning. So referencing the value of global variable 'myGlobal' should look like this:
    AppState.myVar = root.myGlobal

Let us know if this resolves your problem, or what your work-around is.

Passing variables between scripts eliminates the need for having global variables though, like Jorge said. When passing variables, I would use the same name in the Main script and the sub callflow. Make sure you changed the 'Category' of the variable in your sub callflow to 'Input',  then put it in the Exit block of the sub callflow to pass it back (and SAVE so that your main callflow can see it). Once you do that, open the Subdialog block in your main callflow, click on Parameters and Composer will recognize it as input/output.

Happy Coding!

Todd McCall
    Bank of America

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources