Genesys Engage on-premises

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  WDE search for agent

Posted 10-22-2019 15:20
    ​I'm writing a plugin in .NET for WDE, and I found TeamLeadService to find agents I can monitor, but ConfiguredMonitoredAgents() returns user names as a string (ex: "jcollell", not "Jeff Collell"). I'm hoping to translate those into the Agent's full name, as well as show the agent's presence info, like the normal WDE's TeamCommunicator module does.

I found the IPresenceService for the agent presence info, but I'm still stumped about how to find the Agent's full name. I appreciate any pointers in the right direction.

Thanks!
    Jeff
    #Integrations

------------------------------
    Jeff Collell
    Fisher Investments

• 2.  RE: WDE search for agent

Posted 10-23-2019 17:45
    I found a solution for this. Somehow I missed 'MonitoredCfgPersonAgents' on the Agent class. It works great! Here's a minimal example:

public MyPlugin(IUnityContainer container, ILogger log)
    {
        this.container = container;
        logger = log;

// resolve an instance of the logged in agent
        var agent = container.Resolve<IAgent>();
        // this is a list of CfgPerson's, which has rich info about each agent.
        var myTeam = agent.MonitoredCfgPersonAgents;
    }

Jeff Collell
    Fisher Investments

• 3.  RE: WDE search for agent

Posted 10-23-2019 18:09
    I may eventually need to provide the ability to search for a user based on first/last name. The only way I found to do this is to create my own connection to the config server and query it with the Platform SDK directly. WDE doesn't seem to expose it's configServer connection, or any APIs for CfgPerson searching.

I tried to resolve an IConfService instance from the container, but it didn't seem to have an instance to return. Has anyone been able to use WDE to search for people/contacts/agents?

Jeff Collell
    Fisher Investments

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources